Software Engineer - Java, Linux
About the role
We are seeking a motivated Software Engineer to join our talented technology team focused on high quality and consistent delivery to work with the Energy Markets business in our dynamic London team. This outstanding opportunity will also see you working on strategic cloud initiatives.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Working as part of a team gathering requirements, designing and implementing solutions.
- Delivering on projects for the Energy Markets business and global CMF and technology teams.
- Working directly with senior technology and finance professionals
- Implementing software engineering best practices, including continuous integration and DevOps techniques.
- Working collaboratively within a globally distributed team environment.
You will have:
- 3+ years of experience in a similar role
- Experience of full project lifecycle (requirements, design, development, testing, deployment, version control).
- Strong software engineering skills; Java and/or Python; Experience in a Linux environment
- Database and Unix skills
- A passion for technology, engineering and finance
- Strong analytical and problem solving abilities, coupled with outstanding communication skills
- Outstanding academic achievements; ideally you'll possess a relevant university technology degree, post-graduate qualification or equivalent
Desirable, not essential skills:
- Java TDD and BDD such as: JUnit, Mockito, Cucumber, Jasmine, Protractor
- Frameworks: Spring, Apache Camel, Angular (1 and 2)
- Cloud: AWS or other cloud platform experience
- Experience from within a similar technology role in a front office finance environment
Macquarie Group (Macquarie) is a global provider of banking, financial advisory, investment and fund management services. Around the world, we act on behalf of a range of institutional, corporate and retail clients. Founded in 1969, Macquarie employs more than 13,400 people in 28 countries. We focus on areas of business where our particular skills and expertise deliver real benefits to clients and investors.
At Macquarie we offer you the experience and freedom to grow your career whilst making your mark within a highly successful organisation. Key to our success is the entrepreneurialism we encourage in all our people. We give you the opportunity to progress your career as quickly as you can demonstrate your ability.
Macquarie's business is structured into six operating groups and four support groups.
Find out more about Macquarie careers at
Macquarie is an equal opportunities employer and does not discriminate on the grounds of age, disability, sex, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, gender identity, marriage, civil partnership, pregnancy, maternity, race (including colour and ethnic or national origins), religion or belief.