Digital Marketing Manager / Lead Client Manager - Data Strategy
Digital Marketing Manager / Lead Client Manager – Data Strategy
£45,000 - £52,000 (Negotiable dependent on experience).
Are you an exceptional Digital Marketer, with a B2C background with an in-depth knowledge of data driven marketing and consumer engagement? Are you passionate and knowledgeable fan of sports and excited to work in this fast-moving industry where no two days are the same?
Our client is a company that is constantly evolving as they address the growing use of CRM, Business Intelligence and Data Analytics in the professional sports industry. The role with their clients ranges from sending email campaigns to driving business change, ad-hoc data analytics to road mapping, data strategy to reporting.
They are a growing team who anticipate a period of rapid growth and, as a result, are looking for the next “star” to join them. The role requires someone who can combine the skills of a data planner with a client account manager and a team leader. You need to be comfortable dealing with the fluctuating demands of clients and managing workload in-between the peaks and troughs. And you need to be prepared for the natural inclination of the sports industry to work to tight deadlines! You will have experience of B2C and have exceptional knowledge of how to engage with the consumer in a data driven environment.
The current team would benefit from someone who's used to supporting and nurturing those around them but who can also take responsibility on behalf of the senior management team/CEO.
Most importantly they're looking for someone who's passionate about sports!
Key Responsibilities include:
- Upfront requirement gathering of all client work with the ability to interpret, document and implement around internal workload.
- Identify functional and organisational specifications, connecting them to workshop planning or outcomes, developing strategic roadmaps and project plans or other business-critical outputs.
- Devise, deploy and report on digital marketing campaigns, working with the client to define the requirements for each campaign where necessary.
- Prepare and deliver workshops with clients on a variety of topics related to the use of data for decision-making and data-driven marketing.
- Work with clients to help introduce best practise methods across the areas of our work.
- Hands-on management of client data in accordance with GDPR and other legislation.
- Manage client expectations - communicating with clients and within the team to ensure all projects or tasks are completed accurately and within the agreed timeframe.
- Ensure that clients are kept up to date with the progress of all projects or tasks, making them aware of any issues that may effect on-time and target quality delivery.
- Attend internal or external client meetings when and where required.
- Adopt and encourage an open-minded approach to new projects, considering the commercial benefits for both the client and for Winners.
- Mentor other members of the team with some supervision requirements.
- Regular reporting of personal and team KPIs and performance achievements.
- Provide technical advice and training to other departments as and when required
- Develop and implement internal and external processes that improve efficiency and quality of output.
Skills & Experience:
- Extensive direct marketing industry experience, ideally in a cross-industry agency or consultancy with a background in digital marketing and data.
- Experience of campaign planning and delivery including: email, PPC (web and social) and retargeting.
- Experience of campaign reporting and analysis. Some data visualisation would be a plus.
- Experience of translating requirements, business and customer needs, functional and organisational specifications into actionable insight (and connecting them to workshop planning or outcomes, strategic development roadmaps or other business-critical outputs.)
- Experience in dealing with stakeholders across all organisational levels.
- In-depth knowledge of data, databases and campaign processes, including segmentation and targeting.
- Familiarity with the use of and interrogation of qualitative and quantitative data.
- A General understanding/awareness of cross-channel digital marketing and techniques and the use of customer data in a digital environment.
- Knowledge of Digital Platforms: (Google Analytics, Adobe Marketing Cloud, IBM Digital Analytics).
- Understand the dynamics of a team and be able to plan and coordinate project tasks of the team to meet deadlines and quality standards.
The successful candidate should be:
- Passionate about the sports industry and be excited to be working in it at this level.
- A team player, be sociable and be able to work with, over and under other team members.
- Excited to travel as part of their role, seeing new places and meeting new people.
- Keen to be a supportive role to the senior management team and CEO, providing and accepting critique.
- Seeking personal growth, challenge and development within a growing, evolving company, where their input has a direct impact of the outcomes of the team and the business.
- Self-motivated, able to work on their own initiative but also able to follow clear instructions and within company guidelines.
- Self-driven to deliver every area of their role on time, within budget, to the criteria provided, to company standards, with a can-do attitude, fitting within the company culture and values