Assistant Hotel Manager
Travelodge has an exciting opportunity for an Assistant Hotel Manager to join the team based in Ipswich. You will be on a full time permanent basis and receive a competitive salary of up to £20,000 per annum.
The job in a nutshell
Travelodge Ipswich is an 87 Bar Café hotel located just a short walk from many of the town's top sights, including Christchurch Mansion and Wolsey Art Gallery, as well as the bars and restaurants of the buzzing Waterfront area.
Our new Business Floor Room option guarantees you a room on one of our quieter business floors.
All rooms feature a comfy king size bed with four plump pillows and a cosy duvet. Our on-site restaurant and bar serves breakfast and tasty evening meals.
As an Assistant Hotel Manager your job is to ensure that our customers and colleagues are kept safe at all times. You will be responsible for ensuring that customers have such a great stay that they want to return. Specifically, you will be responsible for motivating and engaging a team in a specific area of the hotel such as housekeeping, reception or in the bar café as well as deputising for the manager when they are not on site.
What you’ll be doing as our Assistant Hotel Manager
- Delivering fantastic service so that our customers have a great stay and want to return
Working with the manager to review customer feedback and insight reports to create action plans that will improve the customer experience
- Delivering food and beverage services to brand standards
- Pre-empting any problems that may occur and put permanent fixes in place
- Ensuring the hotel is safe and secure putting Health and Safety of colleagues and customers at the forefront of what
- Operating your area and the hotel in a way that promotes equality, diversity and inclusion
- Recruiting and inducting team members to provide new starters with a great experience and setting them up for success
- Training and developing your team
- Working with the manager to hold daily huddle meetings to ensure that they are focused
- Ensuring the team are set up for success providing them with the tools, equipment and training required to do the job
- Creating rotas in accordance with company procedure, flexing your resources in line with occupancy when required to do so
- Role model and support your team by working regular shifts across all departments during peak trading times
- Working with the Hotel Manager to ensure all costs remain within budget in particular payroll, laundry and key operational costs
- Inputting forecast and target payroll hours into the people system and ensuring that rotas are planned and communicated effectively
- Raising with the Hotel Manager when further equipment or expenditure is required above budgeted costs
- Working with the Hotel Manager to ensure the hotel maximizes sales opportunities
- Ensuring the team follow all company cash handling policies and procedures
- Ensure all maintenance jobs are logged promptly and work closely with Technical Services colleagues to ensure issues are resolved quickly
- Ensure that public area cleaning is completed
- Support other hotels within reasonable proximity when required
What we’ll expect from our Assistant Hotel Manager
To succeed in this role, you will need to be a strong leader and passionate about customer service. Engaging and developing people to deliver results should come naturally and you will need to be dedicated, organised and results focussed to succeed in this role.
What you can expect from us
At Travelodge, we are warm, straightforward and optimistic. We have a big footprint in the UK, but still a small company feel and you can expect quality and value to be built in to everything we do. Every day is different here and you definitely see life! We want you to bring your personality to work and we love our diversity.
Reward and recognition
You will earn a competitive salary and be entered in the hotel bonus scheme. You can also expect to enjoy generous room and food discounts as well as friends and family rates. We are committed to recognising a job well done and commitment to quality is rewarded.
Career and development
We have transparent career paths at Travelodge and you get to choose how far and how fast you want to go. You can expect a full induction and further training relevant to your role and skill requirement. We advertise all our vacancies internally and so you will have the opportunity to apply for a multitude of roles during your career at Travelodge.
If you feel you are the right candidate for the role as our Assistant Hotel Manager then please click ‘apply’ now! We’d love to hear from you!