Logistics Account Manager
JOB TITLE: Logistics Account Manager
SALARY: £20,000 (Depending on experience)
HOURS: 40 hours per week Monday to Friday between the hours of 7:30am – 18:00pm - Occasional weekends/ Bank Holidays may be required.
This exciting opportunity is based at the Scunthorpe office of GBA Services, one of the UK’s largest European dedicated express transport providers. You will be part of a team responsible for operating and developing existing Key Accounts, and for nurturing and developing future accounts.
You are responsible for maintaining and developing specific customer accounts, this will involve quoting and sourcing the best possible logistics option for a variety of customers from various industries. To achieve this, you must develop a strong relationship with key individuals for each of these customer accounts. You must also work closely with other teams, as appropriate within GBA Services, to ensure the customer’s expectations are fully met or even exceeded.
The job will also involve the following: -
- Act as the liaison between client, carrier, shipper & receiver
- Build solid relationships and provide excellent customer service
- To achieve team monthly KPI’s as well as sales targets
- Identify problems before they arise and be proactive in solving issues
- To manage a pre-determined customer both onboarding new customers and existing accounts
- Managing shipments to conclusion and overseeing until completion
Skills & Experience
The successful candidate will have a logistics background ideally within express freight and experience managing customer expectations and developing sales. Strong Leadership and Communication skills are essential. Applicants must have previous experience of working towards KPI’s and recording information accurately and to tight deadlines. Ideally you will have knowledge of Tachograph and European regulations.
- Experience in quoting & pricing jobs
- Experience in providing logistical solutions
- Excellent influencing skills and the ability to manage customer expectations
- Negotiation techniques with subcontractors and customer
- Flexible approach and ability to demonstrate initiative
- Excellent inter personal skills with ability to relate to a broad spectrum of individuals
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Must have ability to multitask and prioritise
- Happy working within a small team
- Monthly Profit and Loss
- Financial awareness
- Excellent planning skills
- Problem Solving
- Ability to work under pressure and use own initiative
- Proven track record of pro-active sales generation
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office systems
- Ability to work to a structured price guide
- Time Critical experience booking dedicated charter, Handcarry, Express Airfreight & emergency road solutions.
- Experience of working within the Automotive & Aviation industry.
- Long term career with a stable market leader
- Competitive Holiday Allowance
- Healthcare plan
- Company Pension
- Childcare Vouchers
GBA is an international family run business which offers customers dedicated solutions. GBA is headquartered in Lancashire, UK with an extensive UK depot network and a European subsidiary based in Poland which allows us to combine worldwide coverage and an in-depth understanding of local requirements. Our mission is “to continually develop as a market leader in international express logistics”.