HV Electrical Engineer
Kronospan has an exciting opportunity for a HV Electrical Engineer to join the team based in Chirk, North Wales. The successful candidate will join us on a full time permanent basis and will receive a competitive salary.
We are the worlds leading manufacturer of wood based panel products. A strong, privately owned low cost producer, employing 14,000 across 40 sites globally, we have a flat organisation structure that focuses on results - driven by ambition!
Key responsibilities of the HV Electrical Engineer:
- To maintain the electrical distribution network and generation.
- To support projects in both low and high voltages.
- To lead Site EI&C capital project, modification and continuous improvement activities ensuring that these meet or exceed business requirements. This includes direct leadership of projects, contributing EI&C elements to multi-disciplinary projects led by others and also co-ordination of other EI&C projects through contract engineering resource.
- Maintain high and low voltage distribution networks and on site generation.
- Network improvements, maintenance and modernisation planning and development.
- Complete planned and unplanned switching, including out of hours support.
- Update/manage site code of practice and high voltage safety rules.
- Ensure site network is maintained to current industry standards and regulatory requirements are maintained and adhered to.
- Lead and develop site HV and LV network development, upgrades and planned replacement projects.
- On site generation support and maintenance, including planning and completing where required.
- To promote a safety first culture and be responsible for ensuring that safety systems and procedures are followed within areas of control and responsibility.
- Zonal responsibility as outlined on the Site Housekeeping Plan.
- To conduct specific tasks/projects as may be required by senior management.
- To conduct specific tasks/projects as may be required by Chief engineer.
- Out of hours site support on rolling rota – Supporting all electrical system support.
Skills, Knowledge and Experience required by the HV Electrical Engineer:
- Technical qualification (or pending) in engineering discipline
- Knowledge of all engineering aspects of plant and equipment.
- Knowledge of site standards and statutory requirements.
- Knowledge of Safe Systems of Work, Risk Assessment and Management of Change.
- Demonstrates understanding of regulatory responsibilities, potential enforcement actions and maintains systems for compliance.
Just some of what we are able to offer the HV Electrical Engineer:
- Attractive salary
- Exciting and challenging work
- Continued training, support and career development
- The opportunity to work with and learn from, industry leading people who are committed to excellence
If you have an enthusiastic can do mentality and a willingness to challenge yourself in order to push your learning and progress your career as our HV Electrical Engineer please click ‘Apply’ below.
No Agencies please, if you are an agency please respect our policy of no cold calling.