Assistant Design Manager
Engineering Consultancy focused within the Built Environment are seeking to appoint an Assistant Design Manager with a background in either Mechanical Building Services, Electrical Building Services or Architecture to join their highly accomplished Critical Facilities Division in Central London. Working with a team of technical experts the successful Assistant Design Manager will provide support on the management side of major construction design projects in the Data Centre market across the UK, Europe and Scandinavia.
Their Critical Facilities business has achieved exceptional grow of over the last 5 years quadrupling in size and delivering projects for some of the Globe's leading Social Media, Technology and Internet firms, with schemes valued up to GBP1bn. With their order book already full for 2018 they are now entering in the next stage of their development and the successful Assistant Design Manager will play a key role in helping them delivering some of their most impressive developments to-date. Reporting into Senior Manager your duties will incorporate the following;
- Assisting in creating and managing the design management tools,
- Assisting in managing and controlling the design change management processes and procedures across all disciplines,
- Coordination of design stage issues
- Liaison with internal and external design teams across Architecture, Building Services, Civil, Structural, Health & Safety, BMS, Lighting and Security
- Participating in design team and client meetings,
The post will suit an individual who is educated to degree level in a Building Services or Architectural related subject and has gained exposure working on complex major construction projects in either the UK or Overseas. You will be able to demonstrate a strong understanding of construction project design processes and knowledge on the technical aspects of design and construction matters. It is also essential to hold either an EU passport or a valid work permit for the UK.
In return the successful individual will be joining a private practice who not only offer the chance to work with some of the World's most recognised firms but also a competitive salary and benefits that include the following;
- Training and Development - investing in their staff to enable their continued professional development while also helping the company to improve their offering,
- Staff Benefits - from a full benefits package and competitive salaries as well as running a social fund for varies events,
- Vision and Values - to build an engineering consultancy that is internationally recognised and respected for working in improving the built environment.
- Environment - operating from newly fitted-out offices in London that seek to provide a focus on the health & well-being of their staff,