PA to the CEO / MD & Officers
Hours: Part-time – 3 days per week
Do you want to work for a global professional membership organisation where you will be able to see the tangible impact of your work on the world we all live in? If so, this could be the organisation for you. Our client is at the heart of a management career in construction.
They are the world's largest and most influential professional body for construction management and leadership, and their members work worldwide in the development, conservation and improvement of the built environment. Perhaps most importantly, they are tasked with promoting good practice within their industry to improve quality of life for every one of us.
They are looking for an exceptional PA who will provide an efficient administrative support service to the Chief Executive, Managing Director and Officers of the Institute. There will also be a requirement to assist the CEO’s team as required.
To give you an idea, some of the things you will get involved with are:
- Diary and travel management for the Chief Executive, Managing Director, President and Officers of the Institute, which will include all aspects organising regional visits and overseas tours
- Timely attention to correspondence and filing
- Arranging meetings, taking minutes and arranging papers as well as acting as Secretary to the Management Board
- Dealing with confidential papers and reports as required
- Working closely and assisting with the handover of President and Officers, be the Co-ordinator for Past Presidents and Honorary Fellows and to administer arrangements for the Past Presidents’ Lunch
- Manage the Recognition of Achievement Awards programme.
- Other activities as required to ensure the operational efficiency of the Directorate and the Institute
To be successful in this role you will have demonstrable success gained in a similarly responsible PA or secretarial role and your ability to exercise confidentiality and discretion will be key. Experience of travel arranging and diary management is important as is the ability to interact and manage relationships at all levels of the organisation with ease. They are looking for someone who is highly organised, with an eye for detail and accuracy and who is comfortable with adherence to key practices and working within key administrative systems. You will also be proactive and be able to take initiative as required. Familiarity and confidence in the use of Microsoft Office packages is also essential.
What you might be asking is - why work for them?
In a nutshell, because they can offer you a really friendly, flexible and welcoming working environment, and they’ll show you that they are committed to your personal wellbeing and to your development within your role. They’ll offer you a fantastic range of benefits – from access to a great pension scheme through to a variety of health and wellbeing schemes; and they’ll make sure that you’re constantly learning throughout your time with them. They even hold a Silver Investors in People Award – which they really hope will show you their commitment to this.
No two days will be the same in this exciting position, so if you thrive in an ever changing environment and love to get your teeth into a real challenge then this could be the role for you!
This is a Blue Octopus Recruitment Ltd vacancy who are operating as an employment agency. Once you have clicked to apply for this vacancy, we will then send you more information on the role including a copy of the application form via email.