F&F Assistant Merchandise Planner - Supply Chain
About The Supply Chain Team
The Supply Chain team is responsible for the effective stock management & throughput for our UK & CE stores, Online & Franchise businesses. We liaise directly with all depots and external partners, along with close relationships with merchandising teams and all operational functions.
Streams within the team work closely together covering Intake, Output and Operations.Main Responsibilities
Whilst specific responsibilities will be dependent upon the changing needs of the Tesco business, the following provides an overview of the role's key responsibilities and measures:
- Following our Business Code of Conduct and always acting with integrity and due diligence.
- Being the key contact for our distribution colleagues.
- Working across all supply chain functions: Planning, Intake & Operations. To ensure that Intake/Output is managed effectively and communicated to the business.
- Ability to highlighting risks / opportunities and proposing solutions.
- Understanding that internal customers and the DC's have individual needs, tailoring reports to reflect this.
- Challenging processes and ways of working to improve the service we provide.
- Building strong relationships across the business to allow us the flexibility to react to trade performance.
- Support in projects to improve efficiency of stock flow through our distribution centres & cost optimization.
- Supporting the category in receiving stock to support sales & maintain stock levels, optimizing choice for customs.
- Supports & able to deputise for Manager. Supports & coaches MAA to meet their objectives.
- Being a key part of the team managing any changes to depot locations, ensuring a smooth transition.
You'll need to have demonstrated experience of:
- Have previous experience with in a Supply chain
- Depot & Fulfilment Centre Inbound processes & requirements
- Forecasting & Stock management
- Understanding Logistics & Freight Forwarding processes & requirements
- Being Analytical
- Have an effective communication style
- The ability to negotiate
- Flexibility, ability to plan and organise, responsiveness, creativity, self-starter
- Able to build solid working relationships with peers and senior leadership
- Ability to demonstrate strong written, verbal communication and presentation skills to all levels of seniority and disciplines within the organisation.
This role will best suit an individual who enjoys working as part of a team, is well organised, pragmatic and a lateral thinker with an inquisitive mind who is motivated to make change for the better and, most importantly, puts our customers first.About the company
Our vision here at Tesco is to become every customer's favourite way to shop, whether they are at home, out shopping, on the move, anywhere in the world.
We want our customers to be inspired and whatever they are looking for, we're finding bigger and better ways to provide it.
Everything is underpinned by our continuous drive for the best tools and technology to deliver our vision. We're driving innovation and transforming our Technology to become the world's leading retailer.
We need people who share our ambition to deliver for our customers; Passionate and confident people willing to take the initiative and drive us forwards. In return we offer excitement, a great team, an excellent benefit package, and significant career development opportunities.
Joining us means playing a part in defining; building and launching an ambitious roadmap of digital products that could affect the lives of millions of people over the years to come.
If that sounds exciting then we'd love to hear from you!
The position will be based at our F&F Head Office in Hatfield.Package description
We offer excellent benefits that help make Tesco a great place to work. These include but aren't limited to:
- An annual bonus scheme which you can achieve up to 3.5% of base salary
- Colleague Clubcard (including a 2nd card for a family member) after 6 months service with 10% off most purchases at Tesco
- Holiday starting at 20 days plus a personal day
- A retirement savings plan - 4%-7.5% contribution rate
- Life Assurance - 5 x contractual pay
- Buy As You Earn Scheme
- Save As You Earn Scheme
- Deals & Discounts through Tesco including Tesco Mobile & Tesco Bank
- Deals and Discounts through many other external businesses
By applying for this role you accept the Jobzooma terms and conditions () and agree to receive email notification of other suitable jobs