Senior Communications Manager
We're looking for a Senior Communications Manager to join a small, specialist communications team in our Commodities and Global Markets (CGM) group.
Reporting to the London-based Global Head of Communications, you'll play a central role in designing, developing and implementing internal and external communications initiatives that promote and maximise stakeholder understanding of our products and services. Working across a range of disciplines, including internal communications, brand and marketing, digital and social media, you'll have a strong focus on content strategy, creation and engagement.
- Drive the development and distribution of regular employee communications including newsletters, transaction news and educational videos
- Create compelling content in a variety of formats that engages and optimises content marketing for internal and external audiences
- Manage the development of global marketing collateral, including credentials presentations, intranet and internet content
- Provide strong creative direction to a small team of graphic designers, including generation of high level conceptual ideas and communication expertise, on a wide variety of presentations, brochures, flyers and advertisements
- Champion and evolve our content strategy on digital and social media channels in line with business objectives
- Liaise with internal and external partners (as needed) to execute tactical marketing and communications initiatives including legal and compliance, HR, graphic designers, printers, web developers, creative agencies and corporate communications
- Manage ad hoc client and staff events, including structuring and conceptualising Macquarie sponsorships, and producing supporting materials as required.
This busy and diverse role will suit an energetic, creative and digital savvy individual who is a self-starter and can take on a wide range of communication and marketing tasks in a fast-paced, dealing room environment.
To be successful in this role, you will be tertiary qualified with at least 8-10 years' experience in marketing and communications within the financial services industry. In-depth knowledge of commodity, foreign exchange and/or equity markets would be highly regarded.
You will also have:
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills, with the ability to simplify complex technical business information
- Proven ability to create and manage content in a wide range of formats: short form and long form articles, video, social, infographic, reports and webinars
- Strong sense of ownership and delivery of tangible outcomes
- A passion for digital marketing, experienced working with social media as a content channel
- Exceptional attention to detail with a proven ability to produce work to high standards of quality and consistency
- A collaborative, team orientated, "can do" attitude with a focus on providing exceptional client service and a "roll up your sleeves" attitude to the required work
- Excellent knowledge of Microsoft Office and Outlook, with strong proficiency in PowerPoint and Word
- Excellent organisational skills, with the ability to work well under pressure and multi-task to meet deadlines
- Ability to foster close working relationships with staff at all levels, including experience in interfacing with senior executives and developing a reputation as a trusted advisor
- Preference for working in a dynamic, fast-paced environment, with the ability to respond to needs and changing priorities quickly and easily
The following are skills are desirable:
- Graphic design proficiency in Adobe CS (Photoshop, Illustrator and InDesign) and Adobe Acrobat Pro
- Ability to transform creative ideas into videos and animations, with experience in direction, production and editing (Adobe Premiere Pro, After Effects, Audition)
- Familiarity with HTML and CSS
Macquarie Group is a global financial services provider with offices in 27 countries. Founded in 1969, the diversity of our operations, combined with a strong capital position and robust risk management framework, has contributed to our 48-year record of unbroken profitability.
Commodities and Global Markets has over 2,000 staff in 22 countries, providing clients with 24-hour access to global commodity and financial markets.
We're focused on understanding client needs, providing solutions and building long-term client relationships. Our business has evolved over more than three decades to provide clients with access to markets, financing, financial hedging and physical execution.
Our diverse platform covers more than 25 markets and over 160 products across energy, metals, agriculture, fixed income and currencies; credit; futures and equity markets.
Macquarie understands the importance of diversity and inclusion - our long history of success has come from being different. At Macquarie we value the innovation and creativity that diversity of thought brings. The one thing we all have in common is our focus on high performance. If you're capable, motivated and can deliver, we want you on our team.
Macquarie is an equal opportunities employer and does not discriminate on the grounds of age, disability, sex, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, gender identity, marriage, civil partnership, pregnancy, maternity, race (including colour and ethnic or national origins), religion or belief.