Sales Manager - Bristol Bike Workshop
4 days left
- Full Time
Job Title: Sales Manager
Salary: £21,000 - per annum
Position: Permanent - Full-Time
Closing Date: 8th March 2018
They are looking for someone who can lead their Bristol bike workshop to greater success, a manager who has a real enthusiasm for social enterprise combined with retail sales and the bike industry. The successful candidate needs to someone who enjoys a challenge, who is a confident manager and salesperson, and understands how to achieve high standards within a bike workshop environment.
They are a growing voluntary organisation providing services to people facing acute challenges in their lives. Their vision is a just society where socially excluded people are supported and empowered to build sustainable, independent lives.
The business now operates a range of services all over the South West, not only addressing the needs of homeless people but also the root causes of homelessness. Projects include their hostel in Bath, social enterprises, supported housing, domestic violence refuges, refugee support, homelessness prevention, criminal justice services, and various outreaches
Their existing Social Enterprise Bike Workshops in Bristol, Bath, Exeter and Trowbridge not only generate income for the charity, but more importantly deliver social and environmental benefits. Their social benefits include providing volunteering opportunities and delivering a Meaningful Occupation programme for their Service Users which gives them the opportunity to work on a bike and learn some basic cycle maintenance.
Day to Day Duties:
- Managing the bike workshop to achieve maximum sales and turnover growth through a range of sales and marketing activities including social media, special offers etc.
- Managing and motivating the team to provide excellent customer service, increased sales and ensure maximum efficiency.
- Ensuring all areas of the shop are maintained to a high standard.
- Dealing with staffing issues such as rota organisation, and contributing to the interviewing and inducting of potential staff including volunteers and service users.
- Conducting staff performance reviews and identifying any training and development needs - Ensuring health and safety standards are met, and that legal and security issues are adhered to
- Managing the day to day running of the EPOS till system, reporting any issues identified
- Carrying out stock takes, managing and securing stock levels, working closely with the Procurement Manager to ensure ordering for the workshop is effective and responsive to faulty / damaged / incorrect deliveries
- Contributing to the analysis of sales figures and forecasting future sales
- Responding to customer complaints, suggestions and comments
- Manage policies and procedures, ensuring all staff adhere to them
Knowledge, Skills and Qualifications required:
- Excellent sales and marketing skills
- A proactive, customer focused approach to work, demonstrating responsiveness and flexibility
- Good understanding of the bike workshop business model
- Good understanding of bikes, cycle mechanics, servicing and repair
- Good knowledge and ability to use EPOS, Microsoft Word, email and spreadsheets
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Good numeracy skills and be comfortable with analysing sales data
- Ability to plan and project manage development work
- Basic Knowledge of Health & Safety, Fire Regulations and ability to identify potential risks
- Experience working within a sales and marketing environment
- Experience of staff management and supervision
- Experience of budget management and stock management
- Sales and Marketing and/or Business Management Qualification
- Cytech Level 2 or equivalent City & Guilds Qualification
- Customer Service Qualification or Certificate
What they offer:
- £21,000 per annum
- Sales performance bonus
- Cash Health Plan
- Flexible Annual Leave
- Excellent supervision, training and development opportunities
How to apply
Please click the APPLY button and CHECK YOUR EMAILS for the link to the careers page which will have the application form & recruitment pack.
Candidates with the experience or relevant job titles of; Business Development Manager, Nationwide Sales, Sales Executive, Business Development, Sales, Sales Manager, Publishing Sales, Event Sales, Direct Sales, Waste Management Sales, Key Sales, Business Developer, Business Plan, Business Development, Key Account Manager, Waste Reduction Sales, Account Manager, Commercial Sales, Sales Development, Business Development Lead, Head of Business Development, Sales, Senior Sales Manager, New Client Sales,may also be considered for this role.
Apply for Sales Manager - Bristol Bike Workshop
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly