Design Engineer / Development Engineer
Job Title: Design Engineer
Location: Waterlooville (preferred location) or Sidcup
Salary: £35,000 - £40,000
Job Type: Full Time, Permanent
The company is a diversified manufacturing company that delivers specialized expertise, innovative thinking and value-added products. They operate in 8 major segments with business in different countries and employ talented individuals who contribute to their global leadership in innovation.
They are currently looking for creative and dynamic engineering professional with imaginative design skills to work as a part of small team of engineers. The individual is required to work under their own initiative with minimum supervision.
- Experience in SolidWorks 2017 is essential and working to tight, customer driven timescales, usually to an agreed Project Timing Plan, therefore basic project management skills are essential.
- The position requires that you work as part of a small design team, being self - initiative and adaptable as necessary.
- You will be required to complete all aspects of the product design phase including concept design, detail design, detail drawings, design reviews (internal and with the customer), design analysis, FMEA's and all other steps to ensure a design project can be successfully introduced into production.
- You will be required, as part of the Engineering team, to verify or cross-check others Engineer's work.
- You will be required to work closely with their QA department for the development of test and validation plans.
- You will be required to compile budgetary costings from a design concept, using standard Microsoft Excel based cost models to ensure a quick response to the Sales team.
- You will be required to track and update the costs for a project as required during the development phase and for the life of the project
- You will work closely with Strategic sourcing, Production engineering, Sales and Quality Departments. You will also be required to work directly with suppliers, therefore good communications skills are essential along with the ability to work with all levels within the organization
- You will work closely with the sales team, assuring technical support (internal and external), including customer visits.
- You should hold a BSc/BEng in mechanical or electronic engineering and have a good solid engineering background in product design.
- You will need good analytical skills: FEA capability studies, mathematical simulation would be an advantage.
- Experience in printed circuit board design is essential.
- Experience in electronic circuit design would be an advantage.
- You will need to have a detailed knowledge of a wide range of design and manufacturing processes, plastic injection molding, dies casting, metal pressing, printed circuit board, manufacture and assembly.
- Good communication skills will be necessary
Please click the APPLY button to send your CV with a Cover Letter for this role.
Candidates with experience of; Design Engineer, Development Engineer, Product Design Engineer, Product Designer, Product Development, CAD, Design Improvement Engineer, AutoCAD Engineer, Solid Works Engineer, AutoCAD Designer, CAD Designer, AutoCAD Technician, Design Technician, Continuous Improvement Engineer, Manufacturing Engineer, Implementation Engineer, Mechanical Engineer, will also be considered for the role