Responsible to: Finance Manager
Salary: £15,600 - £17,400
Base: Central Office
Hours: 40hrs per week
Main Purpose of the Job: To support the Finance Manager to ensure the smooth running of the Finance Office from an administration perspective including administration all the HR tasks, to promote the mission vision and values of the organisation, ensuring that the Centres get up to date, accurate information and an efficient Central Office to support their work. To provide financial and administration support to the Central Office Team.
To apply, send a completed application form and equal opportunities form to email@example.com or to Jerry Green Dog Rescue, Hatfield House, Broughton, Brigg, DN20 0BJ
Closing date for applications is Friday, March 23rd.
Key Tasks and Responsibilities
1. To provide comprehensive administrative and secretarial support
2. To support with the upkeep of Raisers Edge database, with donation information and acknowledgement letters for all Centres, including Rapidata maintaining up to date and accurate records
3. To administer direct debit donations, inputting, reporting, and creating queries and analysis reports
4. To prepare and create documentation for signing in a timely manner including collate dog numbers and distribute dog figure reports
5. Keeping Raisers Edge up to date with Gift Aid Claims
6. Assist with regular and ad-hoc mail outs, including GDPR tasks
7. Keep accurate HR records, including centre sick leave, holidays and prepare information for Board Reports
8. Maintaining contact with legacy solicitors, keeping legacy files up to date
9. Point of contact for ordering and stationary control, including annual inventory
10. Undertake price comparisons for booking travel, hotels, course and training suppliers etc across the organisation
11. Effective call handling and prioritising - dealing sensitively and appropriately with all enquiries by telephone and in person, ensuring confidentiality is maintained including filtering telephone and personal enquiries to staff, as appropriate and relay accurate messages as required.
12. Ensure confidentiality and discretion maintained, working independently and confidently answering or signposting all questions.
13. Assist in effective meeting organisation with no diary clashes ensuring minutes recorded and circulated correctly and actions progressed/chased
14. Support with smooth running of central Office Fundraising and Communication events
15. Undertake any other duties requested essential to the smooth-running of the office
Person Specification Core Competencies
Qualifications & experience
· 3 years’ experience of working in a Central Office/Head Office environment
· Experience of using CRM software
· Business Administration qualification
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
• Communicate effectively with Good verbal and written communication skills.
• Collaborate and work in a team ensuring good team working with work mates and volunteers.
• Welcome enquires and visitors and answer the telephone in a professional manner.
• Undertake other administration duties to a high standard.
• Work within relevant and allocated timescales.
• Demonstrate effective organisational skills, managing and organising workload effectively.
• Excellent IT skills, with knowledge of Microsoft office packages including databases, spreadsheet and word processing essential
• Ability to use Raiser’s Edge or any other CRM database
• Ability to create accurate dog number reports
• Good verbal and written communication skills.
• Able to assess and understand desires of the public in terms of donor liaison
• Good communication skills to offer good customer care to ensure they leave with a great impression
• Ability to create accurate reports and spreadsheet
• Monitor and assess own performance in line with organisational priorities.
• Show commitment to the values of Jerry Greens and promote our work.
• Contribute to, influence and respond to changes in Jerry Greens, sharing knowledge and information to benefit the organisation.
• Self-motivated – tenacious, with high level of accuracy and good attention to detail. Show commitment to achieving high standards and objectives as well as being well organised - with a demonstrated ability to meet deadlines.
• Self-awareness - positive attitude and can-do approach, remaining calm in a busy a multitasking environment, working to the priorities to a number of people. Value yourself by taking responsibility for your own professional learning and development. Valuing and respecting the contribution of others and welcome constructive feedback.
• Full, UK driving license