Lead on management, implementation and development of IA's national helpline service providing advice and information to older people, their families and carers.
Responsible for managing contracts relating to outsourced contact centre delivery and outsourced fulfilment of public information.
Support growth strategy to attain ambitious targets to increase our reach and deliver improved and better integrated helpline services to an increasing number of callers, ensuring that the service delivers measurable outcomes for our service users.
Line manage and support service managers of both elements of the helpline service, at tier one (outsourced first point of contact) and tier two (in house advice service).
- The main duties are as follows: Responsible for delivery and management of IA's national helpline service Line management of Relationship and Implementation Manager and Advice Manager, including responsibility for learning and development, regular supervision and effective performance management.
- Responsible for quality assurance and delivery of effective telephone and email advice and information at tier one contact centre and tier two in house advice service to ensure compliance with Advice Quality Standard (AQS) requirements.
- Responsible for ensuring helpline staff and/or volunteers are appropriately trained and supported and have access to resources to manage their roles effectively and in compliance with all relevant quality standards. Lead on tender and contracting processes, liaising with and reporting to the Head of Information and Advice to ensure compliance with strategic objectives and implementation of service developments to support scaling up of activity in line with strategic plan. .
- Responsible for management of end to end customer experience at outsourced contact centre and for in house tier two advice service. Support innovation in service development and delivery, support the Head of Information and Advice to translate strategic plans for service development into operational plans.
- Responsible for implementation of helpline service development including optimising customer experience, development of service offers across both tiers of delivery including the tier two advice service and development of new channels for delivery. Lead management of suppliers to ensure that continuity and quality of service is maintained and service level agreements and other key targets are met and that service delivery falls within agreed budgets and timescales.
- Develop and manage appropriate strategies for evaluating internal and external customer feedback and utilise this to inform the provision of MI to support continuous improvement and service development.
- Utilise intelligence from all appropriate sources including MI from suppliers to provide insight into service delivery to key stakeholders in a timely manner.
- Build and maintain effective working relationships with external and internal stakeholders.
- Work with the fundraising team to support development of fundraising and sponsorship opportunities including provision of monitoring reports and data as appropriate.
- Support the development of effective partnership working.
- Support the marketing team to ensure helpline services are marketed effectively.
- Effectively represent IA externally, as required.
- Support the work of colleagues across the organisation including supporting strategic goals and other cross directorate objectives required.
- To observe and comply with all Independent Age Policies, including the key policies and procedures on Confidentiality, Data Protection, Health and Safety, Safeguarding and Information Technology Policies and Procedures.
- To undertake specific safety responsibilities relevant to individual roles.
- Some requirement to travel which may involve overnight stays
- Other responsibilities appropriate to an appointment at this level as requested by the Head of Information and Advice.
Job descriptions cannot be exhaustive and so the post-holder may be required to undertake other duties which are broadly in line with the above key responsibilities.
Independent Age is committed to equality of opportunity and of eliminating discrimination. All employees are expected to adhere to the principles set out in its Equal Opportunities Policy and all other relevant guidance/practice frameworks.
Closing Date: 5 March 2018
Interview Date: 19 March 2018