Procurement Analyst - Coventry
Reports to: Group Purchasing Director/Support Services Director UK
MAIN PURPOSE OF JOB
- To provide analysis for UK supplier and category spend data to inform purchasing decisions and tenders for supply.
- In conjunction with the idverde Group Purchasing Director and UK leadership team, support the development, implementation and monitoring of purchasing strategies and policies for the UK and group as required.
- Supply chain management, ensuring all stakeholders are receiving adequate levels of service, liaising internally and externally to resolve supplier issues.
- Ensure 100% compliance with the employee's own responsibilities for Health and Safety as outlined in the Company Health, Safety and Environment Policy
- In particular, ensure that only products that comply with all UK legislation are approved for purchase and that suppliers comply with data provision requirements (e.g. Health and Safety Data Sheets)
- Provide analysis for UK supplier and category spend data to inform purchasing decisions and tenders for supply.
- Working with Finance and the wider Group Services function, implement and maintain a UK, “approved supplier” purchasing process, together with procedures and directory.
- Act as the point of contact for vehicles and equipment purchases in preparing lease documentation and purchase agreements on equipment
- Working with the finance function, implement a system for capturing and categorising UK purchasing spend by category, idverde business and supplier.
- Manage and report on rebate schemes implemented as part of the purchasing policy, including reporting and monitoring of actual vs target UK purchasing savings.
- Undertake UK procurement projects and tender exercises and support group initiatives as required.
- Ensure local purchasing activities within the business comply with policy ,maintain a directory of approved suppliers
KEY PERFORMANCE OBJECTIVES
- Accurate analysis of purchasing spend by product/category to enable management to make informed decisions with regards to the purchasing strategy.
- Monitoring and reporting of compliance to approved supplier agreements (including rebate capture)
- In conjunction with the UK Head of QHSE, maintain a UK purchasing management and information system
- Contribute to continuous improvement in
- Purchase to pay processes
- Best value deals
- Supplier customer service to the business
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS
- Sound analytical and IT skills, in particular, use of Excel.
- Numerate with an ability to grasp Commercial concepts.
- Confident presenting data and information to management for use in negotiating purchasing deals.
- Ability to design written processes and procedures for use in the business and monitoring thereon.
- Attention to detail, analytical mind-set.
- Focussed on delivering objectives and deadline driven.
- Aptitude to develop the role and progress within the organisation.
- Full driving licence preferred.