Business Operational Risk Manager - Commodities & Global Markets
Working as part of the EMEA Business Operational Risk Management team you will work directly with the business to ensure that the key operational risks are being effectively managed and monitored.
The role of the CGM Business Operational Risk Management (BORM) team is to facilitate the continued improvement in processes, controls and operational risk awareness and culture across our businesses. Our team are involved in providing advice on a broad range of risk matters, assessing new product and business initiatives, coordinating with stakeholders and ensuring businesses are operating in a controlled manner; investigating incidents and testing effectiveness of controls and compliance with key policies as required. The role we are currently recruiting for will be largely focussed on Control Assurance.
We are looking for a candidate with:
- 3+ years of Operational Risk/Internal Audit experience in a trading environment, including Securities trading, Fixed Income and Foreign Currency desks, Energy Markets desks (including Gas, Electricity, Oil, Coal and Uranium), Metals and Agriculture desks (including precious metals, base metals and agricultural products) and equity investments.
- Strong understanding of Front Office operations and controls including deal booking, trade execution, vanilla and structured loan and derivative products, client interaction, rates/position marking, valuations, pre-deal checks including credit and market risk limits.
- Excellent knowledge of Front-to-Back operational processes.
- Knowledge of Finance processes including P&L production/reviews, balance sheet substantiation and reconciliations.
- Experience in reviewing Treasury processes including daily funding, short and long term liquidity management, asset and liability profiling, board/senior management reporting.
- Implementing our control assurance (CA) programme for CGM in line with the Operational Risk framework, this includes:
- Drafting performance test plans
- Scheduling of performance testing
- All control assurance is completed on time
- All improvements identified are entered into OP
- CA reports are published within the deadline
- Ensure Control Assurance provides assurance of CGM's Risk and Control Risk Self-Assessment (RCSA) and audit readiness
- Categorisation of critical controls has been accurately determined
- Management reporting of Control Assurance activities
- Liaison with Internal Audit and Compliance with respect to the control assurance programme
- Adhoc coverage of wider CGM BORM tasks as required.
To be successful in this role, it is expected you will have a high achievement drive, with a strong resilience and tenacity. Having an innovative mindset, strong relationship building and collaboration skills, and commitment to integrity are essential.
If you believe you present with the required skills, we would be very pleased to hear from you. Our applications process requires you to submit a covering letter and concise resume as one document (simply insert an additional page into the front or the back of your resume). We are keen to understand your achievements to date as well as your likely availability.
Commodities and Global Markets provides clients with an integrated, end-to-end offering across global markets including equities, fixed income, foreign exchange and commodities.
Find out more about Macquarie at
Macquarie understands the importance of diversity and inclusion - our long history of success has come from being different. At Macquarie we value the innovation and creativity that diversity of thought brings. The one thing we all have in common is our focus on high performance. If you're capable, motivated and can deliver, we want you on our team.