Salary: Grade 8 GBP32,486 to GBP36,379 (Bar at GBP35,444) per annum
Contract Type: Permanent Full Time
Location: Town Hall Extension, Manchester, M60 2LA
The HR/OD service forms part of the Corporate Core Directorate and is responsible for working with managers and staff to drive forward Our Manchester and the Our People strategy: ensuring that our workforce is developed, supported and led in the most effective way.
The Workforce Change team supports Directorates in all aspects of workforce change, supporting Managers to create new posts we well as deliver large scale redesigns of their services.
- Supporting directorates to identify, develop and embed the new ways of working
- Design and develop bespoke approaches to workforce change to meet needs of our diverse workforce
- Responsibility for all aspects of job evaluation, including Green Book & Senior roles, and associated role/job design.
- Responsibility for advice and guidance to managers on all aspects of pay and grading.
- Supporting managers with addressing recruitment & retention issues.
In this role you will lead on the co-ordination and monitoring of organisational change projects, ensuring that these are delivered to a high quality, providing support and advice to Managers taking account of the strategic plans for the workforce. You will have the ability to plan, monitor and deliver projects successfully, whilst taking account of risks and unplanned changes which can impact on project deadlines.
The successful candidate will be an effective communicator who can demonstrate their ability to present information to Senior Council Officers and Trade Unions, providing advice and constructive challenge to ensure workforce changes take account of the future direction of the Council. You will also have experience of conducting research and analysis to inform and support the successful delivery of both small and large scale projects.