Multi-Disciplined Shift Engineer
Responsible for engineering operations at the Flixborough Works, specifically including reactive maintenance planned preventative maintenance (PPM), engineering budget control, contractor management and spare parts stock man agreement. Ensuring that engineering operations are carried out safely, cost effectively and efficiently in accordance with Company policies.
To carry out Engineering Maintenance repairs and improvements to ensure the efficient and effective operation of the Site.
1. Undertake electrical & mechanical engineering for our client on or off site.
2. Lead in ensuring the legal compliance of assets & electrical circuits on or off our client’s site as the business demands.
3. Fault find & diagnose electrical & PLC instrumentation conditions & remediate.
4. Assist Manager(s) & steer projects, improvements & cost reduction schemes in conjunction to Plant Managers requirements.
5. Assist Manager(s) & steer projects safe systems of work & safe working practice:
Permit to Work, formation of dynamic risk assessment & work method, LOTO
Processes, MOC processes
6. Assist Manager(s) & steer projects in modifications to assure efficiency of assets.
7. Assist Manager(s) & steer projects in implementing corrective & preventative regime in SAP.
8. Specify, quote for & obtain parts & materials required for the effective running of the plant in accordance to Plant Manager’s instructions.
9. Back flush manufacturing roles as required by the business to meet demands.
10. Be on call Monday / Friday for Engineers to discuss & to attend site to meet business demands. (Call to be within reason in accordance to scope of the position & travel cost to be reimbursed).
11. Undertake shift Engineer cover for holiday / sickness to ensure the business can keep assets running against Customer demand.
12. Undertake any other activity the business deems appropriate to ensure the effective running & maintenance of the Plant.
This vacancy is being advertised by Webrecruit. The services advertised by Webrecruit are those of an Employment Agency.