Big Data Engineer
Cititec are looking for a Big Data Engineer with a background in Big Data technologies to join a Tier 1 Investment Bank in Central London
- You will work as a Big Data Engineer in the London team and will lead the effort into performing analytics on Real Time data to provide critical insights into current market conditions
- You will be responsible for data quality and will design and implement processes to back-populate data and/or increase quality of data as required
- You will drive the ongoing migration of data from traditional RDBMS to a big data cluster
- You will be working closely with colleagues from technology and strat teams to clarify requirements, formulate solutions and drive change.
- You have excellent analytical and problem solving skills
- You have a background in big data technology, likely in Hadoop, HBASE and/or Apache Spark.
- You have experience in Java or Scala with an understanding of threading and concurrency
- You have knowledge of using Linux operating system
- You are a motivated and ambitious individual looking for a challenge and have a strong track record of delivery
If you are interested in hearing more about this role, then please get in touch on or email