Electrical Design Engineer
Electrical Design Engineer
Location: The role will be based in Ipswich, but some nationwide travel would be required.
Reports to: Design Director.
Hours: 37.5 hours per week (Monday - Friday) generally between 9.00am - 5.30pm with a one-hour unpaid lunch break.
Extras: Car or cash allowance.
Salary Range: GBP30k - GBP50k, depending on experience
About the Role:
As Electrical Design Engineer, you'll assist Space Engineering Services, one of the UK's largest refrigeration, mechanical and electrical services providers, to oversee the entire electrical process. We deliver a wide array of projects for retail, food and non-food customers. You'll support our electrical processes from the initial survey, through the design and specification stages to the installation and management. You'll be key to delivering high quality and safe electrical projects to our customers in line with their budget and timeframes.
Your role is a varied one as you'll be working across multiple departments including our Projects Team and our dedicated Design Consultancy Team. This is an exciting role ideal for someone who has experience in the field and is ready to take the next step in their career, as we have a strong commitment to the personal and professional development of our employees.
* Excellent pension scheme.
* 25 days holiday, after a qualifying period (plus bank holidays).
* Private medical insurance.
* Income protection insurance.
* Life insurance.
* Childcare vouchers.
* Fitness and leisure discounts.
* Employee Assistance Programme.
* Introducers Bonus Scheme.
What you'll do:
* Specification and scope of works production and support.
* Contribute to effective management of sub-contractors by assisting with contractor selection, setting goals and expectations, verifying compliance and accreditations, carrying out random checks of designs and testing.
* Help the team achieve continuous improvement by highlighting future legislative requirements, conduct post-project reviews and investigating alternative products
* Survey existing / new electrical installations and provide reports or audits to meet the customer requirements.
* Provide electrical design details for new and refurbishment projects which will include sizing motors, cables and other electrical engineering calculations and infrastructure.
* Communicate with client and design team giving them technical support and attend on-site meetings.
* Help ensure the team and its activities remain compliant with health and safety legislation.
* Researching suitable solutions and estimating costs and timescales.
* Interpreting and producing design specifications and technical drawings.
* Design control networks.
* Working to British (BS), European (EN) and other standards, ensuring compliance to the latest regulations.
The person we're looking for will be:
* Highly motivated with an excellent attitude and approach to work.
* Able to work independently as well as part of a team.
* Approachable, open and enthusiastic.
* Highly personable with excellent customer care skills.
* Have exceptional attention to detail to ensure consistent quality.
* Confident in managing multiple projects at once.
* Able to analyse data to make decisions.
What you'll need:
* A HNC or above in Electrical/Electronic Engineering and Electrical qualifications to 17th edition.
* 2391 or 2394 and 2395 Test and Inspection Qualification.
* IT skills including Word, Excel and Microsoft Project is essential.
* Excellent verbal and written communication.
* Current driving licence.
* Working knowledge of Amtech, Carel, Danfoss & RDM Controls.
We're one of the leaders in our field and are proud of the reputation and respect we have earned over the last 30 years from our industry and customers. As a forward-thinking company with approx. 750 employees, we're focused on high quality service delivery, understanding our customers' requirements, and constantly challenging ourselves to be even better. We have a strong culture of developing our employees professionally and creating opportunities for career progression, and in fact both our Managing Directors were Engineers when they began their careers! Our people are our core strength and we work hard to be a great employer, and we want the best people to join us on this journey.
We're always looking for committed, innovative and talented individuals to join our team.
If you'd like to apply for this role, please click 'Apply' now.