ABA Market Research Ltd has a unique opportunity available for a Data Analyst to join the team in St Albans. The role is a full time, permanent position offering a salary of £23,000-£26,000 plus overtime, bonus and other benefits.
ABA Market Research Ltd works with many of the UK’s leading brands – from John Lewis, M&S and Asda, to O2, River Island, and Arcadia. ABA is proud to have won recent MRS and AURA awards following nominations from our clients, including being short-listed for Agency of the Year 2017 – evidence of our high standing in the industry. ‘ABAers’ not only enjoy this success but also use their expertise for the wider good – helping to run our shop, ‘Raindrops on Roses’, whose profits all go to charity
Due to our continued growth and success, we are seeking a Data Analyst with the drive to work on challenging and high-profile projects. You will be given responsibility from early on and have a mandate to innovate and find your own way. Your commitment will be matched with the encouragement and support needed to maximise your potential.
What are the responsibilities of the Data Analyst?
- You’ll be joining a close-knit team responsible for extracting, processing and transforming data collected through market research into a variety of outputs, from Excel tables to dynamic reporting dashboards
- You’ll be working across various pieces of technical software, providing logical and efficient solutions to problems, and designing and building new processes
- From early on, you will be working across a wide variety of clients and projects, so you’ll quickly learn all about quant research data and methods
Your work will involve:
- Setting up and managing online surveys: creating logic rules to ensure the best respondent experience, thoroughly testing, and then managing response collection
- Producing standard Excel data tables: using industry-standard software to produce tables for internal and external clients
- Using Excel and VBA to automate and improve processes and outputs, including regular monthly reports, powerpoint decks, dynamic Excel tables
- You will work closely with multiple teams in the business, from the Insight researchers to the IT Development team to get complex projects up and off the ground
- You will have the opportunity to grow and develop within the team, perhaps working on statistics/analytics, or working with Tibco Spotfire to produce complex reporting dashboards for our clients.
What do we look for in a Data Analyst?
- Advanced skills in MS Excel – be able to process large amounts of data confidently using a variety of functions and formulas (including logical, text, reference and nested formulas)
- Intermediate or advanced skills in VBA for Excel – able to write/debug macros that provide dynamic, accurate solutions to automate manual tasks
- Can marshal large data sets within Excel – ranging from a few thousand records to hundreds of thousands
- Knowledge of any of the following a bonus but not essential: QPSMR, Spotfire, R, SPSS, any marketing email service provider (eg: SendGrid, MailChimp)
- Keen aptitude to approach and solve problems in a rational, logical way
- Comfortable building and streamlining processes to ensure outputs are always efficient and accurate
- Capacity to plan and prioritise effectively in order to manage work across multiple clients and projects to tight deadlines
- Good communications skills – comfortable explaining technical problems to a less technical audience and keen to work with internal clients to produce the best possible outputs
- Above all, this role is about having energy, rigorous thinking and a genuine thirst for doing a great job
We offer a fantastic benefits package to the Data Analyst!
- Competitive starting salary plus performance-related bonus scheme and paid overtime
- 28 days holiday plus your birthday and bank holidays
- Flexible working
- Internal and external training courses – a commitment to your personal development
- ABA ‘specials’ include a buddy scheme, paid-for lunches and an interest-free season ticket loan
- A generously funded social committee run by our employees
- St Albans location, just 20 minutes from central London and well connected to further afield
Why not click ‘apply’ today? Don’t miss out on this opportunity to join one of the UK’s leading market research companies as our Data Analyst.