Financial Operations Manager
Job Title: Financial Operations Manager
Responsible to: Managing Director
Responsible for: All finance office staff
Name of employer: Rosemont Care Limited
Location: Dagenham East, London
Salary: £42,500 per annum
Purpose of the position
As Financial Operations Manager, you will be responsible for ensuring delivery of an effective and sustainable home care service through financial planning and management which supports the organisation.
To effectively and efficiently assist the managing director and senior management to grow an effective and efficient home care service within a defined geographic region, through a team of suitable qualified and supported staff, to the economic benefit of Rosemont Care.
To monitor performance and provide leadership and support to finance team and senior management.
Main duties and responsibilities
- Preparing reports, budgets, commentaries and financial statements
- Analyse cash flow, accounts, and other financial transactions.
- Responsible for assessing financial policies and procedures and to oversee the implementation of organizations financial mechanisms.
- Determine sufficient staffing levels and supervise financial assistants and other employees in the facilitation of day-to-day operations, including tracking financial data, invoicing and payroll.
- Undertaking financial administration and internal auditing programmes.
- Developing and managing financial systems/policies
- Controlling and forecasting income and expenditure
- Formulation of strategies and long term business plans to generate shareholder value and driving the business to increase profits.
- Assess and advise on factors affecting business performance.
- Reconcile spending with budget as part of job costing
- Analyse of accounting, budgetary and related financial information.
- Manage financial performance, systems and forecast longer term horizons
- Recommend methods and strategies for cutting cost
- Advise company and/or department management on financial decisions and business performance.
- Make upper-level strategy recommendations based on financials
- Create and maintain relationships with service providers and suppliers, including local authority and accountants.
- Ensure that all of the company's financial practices are in line in statutory regulations and legislation.
- To attend and participate in Board of Directors and Local Authority meetings as appropriate.
- Such other duties as appropriate to the grade and nature of the position as may be reasonably delegated by the Company Directors.
It is desirable for the successful candidate to have the following skills:
- Good oral and written communication skills
- The ability to work as part of a team
- Excellent analytical and numerical abilities
- Sound business knowledge and understanding of current law and legislation (Specially Care Services)
- Good Leadership skills
- It is desirable to have Bachelor's degree in Finance and Accounting.
- Qualified or working towards ACCA, CIMA or equivalent recognized accountancy body with a substantial post qualifying experience.
- It is desirable to have experience of working and managing a finance team.
- Experience of building and maintaining working relationships with professionals within the Health and Social Care sector.