Delivery Manager - 9 Month FTC
At Pearson, we're committed to a world that's always learning and to our talented team who makes it all possible. From bringing lectures vividly to life to turning textbooks into laptop lessons, we are always re-examining the way people learn best, whether it's one child in our own backyard or an education community across the globe. We are bold thinkers and standout innovators who motivate each other to explore new frontiers in an environment that supports and inspires us to always be better. By pushing the boundaries of technology - and each other to surpass these boundaries - we create seeds of learning that become the catalyst for the world's innovations, personal and global, large and small.
Our English language assessments are used by governments, academic institutions, professional bodies, parents and teachers to make key decisions affecting the future careers and aspirations of test takers all over the world. Products such as PTE Academic, Pearson's high-stakes test of English for students and migrants represent the gold standard in English language testing.
Playing an essential role in coordinating projects/activities within Pearson's English Assessment Strategy, the Project Manager is responsible for creating, owning and tracking a central delivery plan across the English Assessment portfolio, providing coordination across the various Pearson entities that together build, deliver and market products.
- Coordinating with product managers, delivery stream owners and the Assessment management team in the construction of product roadmaps and individual product development plans, ensuring their effective incorporation into the overall delivery plan;
- Coordinating with business development, security, recognition and marketing colleagues to ensure the effective planning and scheduling of key activities and their incorporation into the overall delivery plan;
- Tracking project progress/milestones and recording in the relevant project management systems.
- Coordinating with project management system users to maintain project/activity tracking and synchronisation among systems/tools;
- Working with delivery stream owners to record and maintain risk logs for the entire portfolio, ensuring sufficient visibility of imminent risks to the business with appropriate risk owners;
- Working with delivery stream owners to record and maintain issue logs for the entire portfolio, assigning relevant issue owners and ensuring issues are tracked and solved in a timely manner;
- Constructing monthly/weekly dashboards and reports for circulation to the team and senior management;
- Assisting regular checkpoint meetings with delivery stream owners to keep track progress
- Project Management of nominated ad-hoc projects such as bids and tenders as required;
- Supporting the English Assessment management team in the construction of strategic and operational plans;
- Other duties as required.
- Demonstrable experience in working with and cross-functional and international teams to deliver outcomes
- Demonstrable experience in coordinating complex projects or programs
- Demonstrable experience in managing multi-projects concurrently.
- Experience working effectively within a matrix structure managing multi-stakeholders.
- Experience working with English assessment products highly desirable
- Excellent oral and written English communication skills to ensure coherent, well defined and clearly articulated vision to a range of different stakeholders
- Fluent in Programme, Portfolio and Project Management methodologies.
- Good technical understanding of online technologies, and learning management systems.
- Stakeholder management.
- Proactive and a self-starter
- Outstanding communications skills at all levels of the organization.