Design and specification of systems, such as: large diesel generators process systems, radioactive waste treatment plants, pressure vessels and heat exchangers.Production of deliverables such as Piping and Instrumentation Diagrams (P&IDs), data sheets and procurement specifications.Involvement in design stages from identification of stakeholder requirements, generating and assessing options, Concept, Scheme, Front End, and Detailed Design, design substantiation and verification and validation.Provision of key inputs to reviews including: design, equipment sizing, quality, safety and environmental assessments and critical review, checking, verification and approval of in-house and third party designs.
\n\nRequired qualifications, skills & experiences:
- Degree in Chemical Engineering or a related discipline.
- Proven experience and expertise in the field of fluid systems (process) engineering and design, such as unit operations heat and mass transfer, separation and mixing processes, fluid flow analysis of thermo-fluid systems and chemical plant design.
- Experience of working within nuclear industry.
- A comprehensive understanding and experience of process systems / chemical plant design.
- Chemical Engineering software packages such as Hysys or Pipenet