Finance / Payroll Assistant
1 day left
- Full Time
Job Title: Finance - Payroll Assistant
Salary: £21,000 - per annum
Position: Permanent - Full Time
Closing Date: 5th March 2018
The company is a growing voluntary organisation providing services to people facing acute challenges in their lives. They are seeking a Finance / Payroll Assistant to join their friendly Finance team, based at the head office in Bath. This is a full time position at 40 hours per week, but they can be flexible on this for the right candidate.
They are a growing voluntary organisation providing services to people facing acute challenges in their lives. Their vision is a just society where socially excluded people are supported and empowered to build sustainable, independent lives.
The business now operates a range of services all over the South West, not only addressing the needs of homeless people but also the root causes of homelessness. Projects include their hostel in Bath, social enterprises, supported housing, domestic violence refuges, refugee support, homelessness prevention, criminal justice services, and various outreaches.
Day to Day Duties:
- The post is to provide book-keeping support and provide support on the production of monthly payroll
- Regular contact with managers and staff across the organisation and with external agencies
- Development and maintenance of positive working relationships with a wide cross section of people
- Uphold and conform to Julian House's finance policy and procedures
- Supporting the Management Accountant in the day to day running of the finance office
Specific tasks to include:
- Payroll (with support from our external payroll company)
- Sales ledger. Input, queries and reconciliation
- Purchase ledger. Input, queries and reconciliation
- Responsible for the accountability of the Credit Cards for the whole organisation.
- Month End schedules reconciliations
- Anything else as per required for the smooth running of the finance team.
Knowledge, Skills and Qualifications required:
- Be AAT qualified
- Have previous of end-end Payroll exposure
- Have previous experience within Purchase and Sales Ledger.
- Be able to use Sage 200 or able to learn it
- Be able to use Microsoft Office at intermediate/advanced level
- Have good presentation and communication skills
- Have a high level of customer service skills
- Be highly organised
- Have the ability to work to tight deadlines
- Have the ability to work independently, as well as part of a team
- Empathy and understanding of the needs of the companies Users
- Commitment to equality of opportunity
What we offer:
- £21,000 per annum
- Flexible to accept part-time hours or study leave for the right candidate
- Cash Health Plan
- Flexible Annual Leave
- Excellent supervision, training and development opportunities
- A chance to be part of an exciting and highly respected charity, making real difference to the lives of socially excluded people around the South West
How to apply
Please click the APPLY button and CHECK YOUR EMAILS for the link to the careers page which will have the application form & recruitment pack.
Candidates with the experience or relevant job titles of; Purchase Ledger, SAGE 200, SAGE50, Accounts Assistant, Financial Assistant, Accounts Administrator, Accounts Clerk, Finance Officer, Accounts Officer, Finance Clerk, Finance Administrator, Accountant, Accounts Payable, Accounts Analyst, Accounts Receivable, Credit Control, Cashflow Controller, Finance Assistant, Purchase Ledger Assistant, Purchase Ledger Administrator may also be considered for this role.
Apply for Finance / Payroll Assistant
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly