Travelodge has an exciting opportunity for a Data Scientist to join their team based in Thame, Oxfordshire. Working on a full time permanent basis you will receive a competitive salary of up to £75,000 per annum dependant on experience.
As our Data Scientist you will work as part of the Digital Team. You will be responsible for working with big data sets to deliver advanced and actionable customer insights to increase the efficiency of our customer proposition, drive customer lifetime value, and improve the customer experience.
The successful candidate will be able to work with minimal instruction and oversight, conduct multiple tasks and projects simultaneously, maintain relationships with the senior leaders, and own deliverables end to end. Critical to the success of this role is your ability to work with big data, develop insightful analysis that drives action, and communicate findings and impact of actions in a clear and compelling way
As our Data Scientist you will:
- Proactively and in response to stakeholder requests build and report on data-fuelled products that helps our customer insight, experience and revenue opportunities.
- Provide continuous insight into leading analytic practices, design and development cycles, and establish new benchmarks upon how we utilise the data sets open to us. You will research, design, implement and validate cutting-edge algorithms to analyse diverse sources of data to achieve targeted outcomes.
- As our data scientist, you will provide expertise on mathematical concepts for the broader business for revenue optimisation and inspire the adoption of advanced analytics and data science across the entire breadth of our organisation.
- Extending company’s data with third party sources of information when needed and Processing, cleansing, and verifying the integrity of data used for analysis.
As our Data Scientist you will need the following skills, experience and qualifications:
- Demonstrated experience of using Python, R, or similar tools for data analysis, structuring, transforming and visualising big data (strong SQL skills are a must)
- Clear presentation of findings and guiding next steps at various points
- Focus and ability to find solutions and work towards goals when setbacks/ hurdles occur
- Ability to build statistical models (such as linear regression, logistic etc.) and customer segmentations
- Willing to learn new frameworks and languages required for the task
- Minimum of a Bachelor’s degree in Statistics, Mathematics, Economics, Data Science or similar and 3+ years working in an advanced analytics role OR a Master’s degree in one of these subjects and at least a year of work experience
- Past experience in a role focused on customer insight, statistical modelling, data science or similar
- Solid understanding of online marketing, preferably in a past or current role
What you can expect from us
At Travelodge, we are warm, straightforward and optimistic. We have a big footprint in the UK, but still a small company feel and you can expect quality and value to be built in to everything we do. Every day is different here and you definitely see life! We want you to bring your personality to work and we love our diversity.
Reward and recognition
It’s not just our customers we want to wake up with a smile on their face. As well as a competitive salary, being part of our hotel support center means great holiday entitlements, pension contribution deals, being part of our bonus scheme, and a Thanks Card giving generous room and food discounts as well as friends and family rates.
Career and development
We want you to develop further with us at Travelodge and we’ll provide you a development plan to help you reach your goals. You can expect to have a full induction and training relevant to your role. We advertise all our vacancies internally, so you’ll have the opportunity to really develop your career with Travelodge.
If you feel you are the right candidate for the role as a Data Scientist then please click ‘apply’ now! We’d love to hear from you!