Support Worker – Learning Disabilities HREX60009
1 day left
- Full Time
“Real differences for real lives”
Together Trust currently has a great opportunity for Learning Disability experienced and talented Residential Support Workers preferably with an NVQ Level 3 in Health and Social Care.
Our residential homes in Cheadle and Romiley, Stockport provide a safe, supportive home to children and young people with physical disabilities and/or learning difficulties, autism spectrum conditions or complex health needs. The homes, which are a mixture of short to long term care, and its staff provide a nurture lead, family friendly welcoming environment. Learning Disability jobs are one of the most rewarding support worker jobs you can do.
You will work as part of an enthusiastic team of RSCW’s providing a safe, caring and accepting environment with direction and support to young people who may present challenging, emotional and social difficulties. Experience in care and/support plus the relevant qualification is essential for this particular role, however, we have other opportunities where this is not essential as we will provide training and support.
We empower individuals to help them break through their barriers to take control of their lives, and experience happiness and feelings of self-worth. Services continually evolve and develop to meet ever changing need. Our strong philosophy and core values are integral to our work and drive staff recruitment, structures, systems, training, policy, procedure and practice.
Our philosophy and core values:-
- Person-centred provision
- Positive behaviour support
- Parity/promoting equality and valuing diversity
- Promoting excellence
- Ability to work alongside staff teams to provide a high level of care including personal care.
- Diploma Level 3 qualified in Children and Young Person’s Workforce, Social Work Degree or equivalent or willingness to complete.
- Provide a safe environment for the young people in our care.
- Ensure record keeping and administrative duties are met including care plans and all relevant paperwork is updated.
- Be flexible and able to undertake shift work including weekends.
- Proactiveness to undertake all additional duties including cleaning, laundry, preparing for the next day.
- Knowledge of current legislation.
- Experience of Ofsted inspections.
- Understanding of attachment and trauma in relation to young people.
Click on the apply link to have access to some of our brilliant benefits including holidays, training and more.
The individuals in the care of the Together Trust will have a variety of complex needs for which they will need varying levels of support. In order to provide the required support the staff team will work shifts. This includes weekends, evenings, and potentially providing support on the young people’s annual holidays. We have full time roles available and full flexibility over 7 days is required (37.5 hours a week).
As part of Together Trusts commitment to our staff and service users, any new recruits will be required to undertake pre-employment checks and a tailored training programme before commencing their role. Each programme will be specific to the role and service you are successful for. The trust training programmes and therefore start dates are fixed so you will be required to attend the next available induction dependant on when your pre-employment checks are complete. We advise all successful candidates to be mindful of this when handing in their notice.
This is a Blue Octopus Recruitment Ltd vacancy who are operating as an employment agency. Once you have clicked to apply for this vacancy, we will then send you more information on the role including a copy of the application form via email.
Apply for Support Worker – Learning Disabilities HREX60009
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly