Part Time Caretaker
Wanted: Part Time Caretaker
Hours: Split shift 17.5 hours per week, 52 weeks per year (including holiday entitlement)
Pay Grade : Kent Range 3
Full time equivalent salary: £15,253 - £16,967 (salary pro-rata £7,194.)
Possibility of overtime to the right candidate
Part-Time Caretaker at Victoria Road Primary School in Ashford, Kent
This post provides an exciting opportunity for someone who is well organised, professional, flexible and reliable. The caretaker is a key member of the school team and a visible member of the school community. We need a person who will be a positive role model for the children, as well as a professional caretaker.
The children would like a caretaker who, ‘is always happy and approachable and gives us a cheery greeting', ‘someone who has a positive attitude to a challenge', ‘a very kind and thoughtful person', ‘someone who will look after us and keep us safe', ‘someone who can make things and fix things and keep the school clean and tidy'.
Main duties include:
- Act as main key holder for out of hours contact.Responsibilty for opening school and checking buildings and grounds at start of day to ensure availability and where appropriate repair/report any faults needing urgent attention.
- Ensure outside areas are kept free from litter, sweeping leaves, emptying bins, washing down areas etc to maintain a clean and tidy environment.
- Undertake general repairs and maintenance around the establishment, inside and out to ensure the site is a safe environment for students, teachers and visitors.
- Responsible for Locking and secure all doors, windows and perimeter gates at the end of each day to ensure security of the Site and activating and deactivating any alarm systems.
- Responsible for Site Security and checks outside of school operational hours.
In return we offer a good working environment, access to training and working within a supportive team.
Victoria Road Primary School and all its personnel are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people. The post is subject to an enhanced Disclosure application to the Criminal Records Bureau and ISA Registration, plus verification of the right to work in the UK.
All references will be taken up before interview.
Victoria Road Primary School is committed to the positive promotion of equal opportunities for all.
Closing date 19th March 2018
For an application form, please apply online today.