New Client Team Litigation Assistant
Job Title: New Client Team Litigation Assistant
Location: Manchester (M22)
Salary: £16,000 (18K OTE)
Job Type: Full Time, Permanent
The Company a top 200 Law firm that specialises in personal injury. They cover every area of personal injury including public liability, occupier's liability, road traffic accidents, employer's liability, industrial disease, serious injuries and clinical negligence matters. They pride themselves in the work they do helping injured people.
They guarantee the best possible customer service to their clients and they are looking for talented people to join them in delivering this. The role will involve dealing with new client enquiries from a wide range of sources, both on the telephone and face to face. There is no cold calling involved.
They are looking for people from a customer service background, with experience of working with clients to build an excellent rapport and help create new solid relationships from initial enquiries.
What they are looking for:
- Law graduates (LLB/GDL/LPC)*
- A definite interest in helping injured people
- Drive and determination to succeed as a litigator
- Excellent Customer Service skills
- Bright people - we want to progress and develop you in your career
*please note that we are happy to consider candidates who are currently studying their GDL/LPC part-time.
- Obtain all relevant details of a client's claim and review this information with a Partner on a regular basis.
- Recording and updating our case-management system with all client information regarding individual cases.
- This role allows you to develop all 9 professional skills and give you an understanding of the funding arrangements, client care and we offer a bespoke 3 week training programme at the outset of your employment.
The above list is not exhaustive but as a Litigation Assistant in the New Client Team, you are responsible for all new clients that come into the firm, ensuring that a client's experience with the New Client team is positive.
The New Client Team opening hours are:
Early Shift: 08 - 16 (1 hour lunch)
Middle Shift: 09:30 - 18 (1 hour lunch)
Late Shift: 13 - 21 (30 minutes lunch)
Saturday - Sunday: 10 - 18 (1 hour lunch)
Bank Holidays: 10 - 18(1 hour lunch)
You will work a 3 week pattern on an early, middle and late shift as dictated by your roster and one weekend in seven weeks.
There will also be a smart phone rota, where one member of the team will take home a smart phone and answer any calls outside of office hours until 10pm. It is expected that this will be, one night every fortnight. A bonus will be payable on this night.
- Customer service background
- Experience of handling customer/client enquires on either the telephone or face to face.
- Strong influencing, negotiating and objection handling skills
- Excellent levels of customer service
- Ability to present relevant information to management in a concise manner
- Proficiency in handling multiple enquiries and managing own time to ensure all enquiries fully pursued
- A background within service handling for example financial services, claims management or other professional backgrounds an advantage
23 days per year. Closed on Christmas Day, Boxing Day and New Year's Day. Any bank holidays worked will be awarded with 1 back.
Please click on the APPLY button to send your CV and Cover Letter for this role.
Candidates with the experience or relevant job titles of; Enquiries Assistant, Technical Support Assistant, Enquiries Advisor, Front of House Assistant, Enquiries Executive, Team Enquiries Advisor, Client Team Enquiries Assistant may also be considered for this role.