Our client is the world-leader in the design and manufacture of bespoke optical thin film coatings, that meet the demands of the most challenging and progressive applications. They specialise in four key strategic areas – periscopes and sighting systems, head-up and helmet-mounted displays, laser protection, and narrow band analytical filters.
Due to continued growth, they now have fantastic opportunity for an experienced Maintenance Engineer to join their organisation.
The Maintenance Engineer Role:
As the Maintenance Engineer, you will be responsible for the Maintenance of production equipment to ensure maximum availability to production in a prompt, effective and professional manner, whilst maintaining a cost effective approach.
You will Maintain physical assets such as the building and equipment and continuously strive to improve them for the benefit of the company.
Key Responsibilities of the Maintenance Engineer:
- Operate as a multi-skilled engineer - covering mechanical, electrical and instrument
- Manage contract service personnel while on site to ensure that services are completed to contract terms, in a safe manner
- Upkeep and manage all production equipment maintenance records
- Maintain a log of all maintenance activities
- Provide feedback to Production and Management on repairs to equipment via daily engineering hand over reports
- Perform Daily/Weekly/Monthly routine inspections in a timely manner
- Plan facility tasks in advance and communicate progress regularly
- Training of personnel in equipment maintenance
- Develop solutions to eliminate the threat from obsolete plant and parts
- Ensure workshop is maintained in such a way as it is safe to work in and everything in the workshop has its own designated place to reside
- Ensure that the consumables and the consignment stock levels are correct and maintained
- Define the engineering specification requirements and work with purchasing to procure and manage maintenance of spares
Skills & Experience Required:
- HNC or equivalent in electrical, electronic or mechanical disciplines
- Electrical theory and practical knowledge to enable a safe working practices to be maintained
- Good communicator at all level
- High level of precision and accuracy
- Strong team member
In return, the Maintenance Engineer can expect;
- Competitive salary
- Pension Plan
- Employee Healthcare Plan
- Excellent working environment
If you are interested in this Maintenance Engineer position, simply submit your CV via the button shown.
Keywords: Maintenance Engineer, Electrical, Electronic, Mechanical, Engineering, Skilled Engineer, Optical, Coating, Facilities, Health & Safety, Plymouth, Devon
This vacancy is being advertised by Net-Recruit.