This Technical Sales role will be responsible for both growing and developing the area in line with agreed targets, building and maintaining customer relationships with new and existing clients.
Tasked with proactively converting prospect clients into new and repeat business customers, you will also actively manage established key accounts and will provide design input, costing information and commercially viable quotations in line with bespoke customer requirements.
A skilled and effective influencer and communicator at all levels, as Sales Engineer you will regularly attend meetings with customers to ascertain requirements and deliver presentations on the solutions available, carrying out site and equipment surveys as required.
Responsible for identifying and development new customer markets and areas in which the company can expand, managing new projects, potentially diversifying into other sectors, and be responsible for handling and progressing in bound enquiries to their natural conclusion.
Key responsibilities will include:
- Identifying potential new customers drawing on your existing contacts and experience
- Assisting in the generation of new sales enquiries from both new and existing customers
- Providing input into concept design solutions in line with the customer requirements
- Preparing and presenting tender and quote documentation to customers to deliver internal margin expectations
- Ensuring a detailed handover to the Operations team for detailed design, manufacturing, installation and commissioning to ensure that contractual obligations are adhered to
- Ensuring customer satisfaction at all times including after sales care and support
You will also be responsible for maintaining associated sales records and registers and or providing detailed sales performance statistics and forecasts to the management team when required.
The Ideal applicant will have at least 2 years' previous experience gained within a technical sales environment. Ideally, you may also be qualified to at least HNC level or above in a mechanical engineering discipline or have equivalent practical experience.
Please click Apply Now to submit your details and attach a current CV.