Senior Marketing Analyst
At Pearson, we're committed to a world that's always learning and to our talented team who makes it all possible. From bringing lectures vividly to life to turning textbooks into laptop lessons, we are always re-examining the way people learn best, whether it's one child in our own backyard or an education community across the globe. We are bold thinkers and standout innovators who motivate each other to explore new frontiers in an environment that supports and inspires us to always be better. By pushing the boundaries of technology - and each other to surpass these boundaries - we create seeds of learning that become the catalyst for the world's innovations, personal and global, large and small.
About the BI Team
The UK BI team supports the Pearson education business by delivering data in the form of reports and analytics. The BI team is also responsible for supporting the Marketing function in setting up and evaluating marketing campaigns, as well as general analytical support. This is a fantastic role for a marketing data specialist who is looking to take the lead on delivering and developing business-critical data acquisition, maintenance and campaigning processes. The ideal candidate will be passionate about delivering high-quality data services to their Marketing colleagues and motivated by seeing their work get results for colleagues, customers and learners.
Embedded within the marketing team the role will be the primary owner of marketing data and hence will provide direct support to the Pearson marketing function, providing the data that powers commercial campaign. It is an exciting opportunity suited for an ambitious marketing data analyst keen to progress into higher management
The marketing function is transitioning from legacy platforms to new platforms operating globally. This role will play a key part on advising stakeholders on business requirements and how best to ensure data structure are sufficiently robust to support effective monitoring. Building on this the role will take a lead, supported by colleagues, on assessing marketing performance.
Key activities include
- Key member of marketing team building relationships with marketing and sales functions and other key stakeholders
- Day to day management oversight of the Pearson marketing contact database and campaign management tool (Exact Target)
- Working with Marketing and technology colleagues and third-party vendors to source and manage data being entered into the marketing database.
- Working with CRM team to move engaged prospects through the funnel and into the Salesforce application.
- Analysing and augmenting suspect and customer data to create new ways to target and prioritise campaigns
- Managing the definition and creation of marketing segmentation lists in the marketing cloud database.
- Managing and delivering MI reports and campaign analysis back to business and marketing teams then presenting monthly key insights to senior management.
- Working within the team to identify ideas for process automation and the movement of data within the Pearson UK technology landscape.
- Collaborating across teams to find ways to continually improve the campaign process and the data that underpins it
- Managing third party data collection and quality checks.
- Supporting the marketing team with ad hoc requests and projects.
- Utilising the BI team to support analytics
- At least 3 years' experience in a campaign analyst or email marketing role.
- Strong presentation, oral and written communication skills
- A solid understanding of CRM systems with the ability to interpret data to produce customer insight and sound commercial recommendations.
- Strong analytical and quantitative skills, specifically applied in customer and marketing analysis, with proven experience in data mining and statistical analyses
- Ability to manage multiple projects at once, showing task prioritization and ownership
- Attention to detail and being able to work with and combine multiple data sources to answer key business questions
- High proficiency in Excel (Pivot tables, charts)
- Understanding data security and protection regulations including data retention best practice.
- Degree educated in a numerate degree to at least a 2:1 level.
- Managed data within Salesforce/ExactTarget
- Worked with Exact Target campaign system
- Experience in delivering BI reporting and use of common BI systems, SQL Server, Business Objects and OBIEE
- Experience with deep dive data analytics
- Hands on experience with HTML coding to build email campaigns and of working with web forms for data capture.