PURPLE FIELD PRODUCTIONS
PART TIME ADMINISTRATOR
9 hours a week in our office in the centre of Ilminster – times to be arranged.
Purple Field Productions is a small charity working with people in the developing world to make and distribute educational films in local languages. Our purpose is to give people a voice and increase awareness and understanding. If this interests you, read further.
Are you an organised, technically capable person who can work independently administrating the office of our charity? You’ll be the key person communicating, coordinating and organising to keep all aspects of charity administration running smoothly for the Trustees, both in the UK and overseas.
Your duties will involve, but not be limited to:
- Assist Volunteer Newsletter Editor in the production and dispatch of regular newsletters and e-bulletins
- Produce regular internal team updates
- Assist with website and Facebook updates, including managing a picture library
- Supply and assist with press releases
- Organise Trustees’ meetings and the AGM and keep minutes
- Pay in, record, and produce timely thank you letters for donations
- Obtain authorization for expenditure and pass for payment (UK and overseas)
- Keep Director of Finance informed on all relevant matters
- Keep Gift Aid records
- Develop and maintain supporter database
- Provide publicity support for fundraising activities
- Compile and produce reports requested by funders
Supporting Overseas Projects
- Research local information
- Make travel arrangements (UK and overseas) and organise events
- Gather reports and information from overseas workers and project partners, summarise and report as necessary
- Assist in recruitment and record keeping for overseas volunteers
- Make arrangements with overseas workers and project partners
- Manage the media library
- Maintain and control film equipment
For this role you will need to be able to:
- Keep organized records and maintain clear paper and electronic filing systems
- Communicate well with Trustees, volunteers, supporters, overseas workers and project partners both face to face and in writing
- Use Word (including mail merge), Excel, Outlook and social media to a good standard (knowledge of Mail Chimp preferred; otherwise willingness to learn essential)
- Produce neat, accurate work to set deadlines
- Compile engaging and attractive communications to promote the charity’s work to supporters and funders
- Manage and plan your own time to cope with multiple demands
- Take responsibility and work on your own initiative, whilst respecting and responding to direction from Trustees
- Enjoy the challenges and rewards of working for a charity
- Convey appreciation and enthusiasm for the work and support of the charity’s objectives
- You will report to the Chair to the Trustees.
Starting salary £11 an hour rising to £11.50 at the end of a 3 month probationary period.
In your covering message, please explain why you would like this post and what you would bring to the role.
Your CV should be no longer than 2 sides of A4, it should also include email addresses of 2 references.
The closing date for receipt of applications is Monday 5th March.
We regret that we are unable to respond to all applications. If you have not heard from us by 12th March, this will unfortunately mean that we have not shortlisted you on this occasion.
We plan to interview between March 16th and 22nd