Administrative/Operations Assistant, Part time
We are looking for an enthusiastic individual to support the efficient operations of the Compassionate Mind Foundation. As a growing organisation we are looking for an experienced and dynamic individual who can manage a diverse workload and is passionate about helping us to further the Foundation’s goals and ambitions. More information can be found at www.compassionatemind.co.uk
The successful candidate will support the organisation’s every day running , ensuring that operational and administrative tasks are completed punctally and accurately. The candidate willsupport colleagues in their various roles working for the foundation. They will also act as a friendly interface between the Foundation and the general public.
The Compassionate Mind Foundation was established as a charity in 2006. Its mission statement is to “promote wellbeing through the scientific understanding and application of compassion.” As such it supports research and training in compassion focused approaches in a number of spheres of life. The Foundation is also in the process of working with training centres and universities around the world to deliver International training in compassion focused therapy.
- Support the operational tasks for workshops and conferences run by the foundation including liaising with delegates, speakers and training venues.
- Screen and answer phone calls, email enquiries and requests.
- Support online and manual booking process, including raising invoices and transferring information onto the booking log (experience not required – training will be provided).
- Assist with the ongoing development of the foundation e.g. international partnerships, training programmes, research, schools and leadership programmes.
- Handle sensitive information in a confidential manner.
- Liaise closely and regularly with the team advising of any issues arising.
- Friendly and with good communication and interpersonal skills
- Proven experience in an administrative background
- Knowledge of office management systems and procedures
- Proficiency in MS Office including Outlook, PowerPoint and Excel
- Ability to multi-task and prioritise work
- Attention to detail and problem-solving skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong organisational and planning skills
- Ability to work well within a team
- A genuine commitment to the aims of the Foundation
- Preparedness to work flexibly if (occasionally) required
Terms & Conditions:
Job Title: Operations Assistant
Reports to: Management Team
Hours: Part time (15 hours)
Location: Compassionate Mind Foundation office, Derby city centre
Hourly rate: £8-9 per hour
Employment Term: Permanent (subject to 6 month probationary period)