SAP Business Objects Developer
Job Position: SAP Business Objects Developer
Salary: £ 40,000 Gross per Year
Start Date: 16th February 2018, Closing Date: 16th March 2018
S P A Enterprise Services Limited, based at Stockley Park, Uxbridge, requires SAP Business Objects developer with hands-on experience on technical design documents and use agile process in project development and must demonstrate a proven work track record to enable the following key description of the role:
Job Description: SAP Business Objects Developer
- Work on specifications following the analysis of report requests from stakeholders and report recipients across the business.
- Create reports in line with the specifications ensuring that the reports are delivered in a timely and efficient manner in line with the reporting specifications.
- Create and maintenance of Universes – through tools such as Universe Design tool and Information Design Tool.
- Develop simple and complex, multidimensional and relational reports and Tableau dashboards and be able to enhance existing reports based on new requirements.
- Work on Business Objects Web Intelligence, Designer, CMC/Security developing reports with Tableau Desktop & Server, Migrate dashboards from Business objects to Tableau and Deep understanding of Tableau Desktop and server performance optimization.
- Create Business Objects universe as needed · Create Business Objects reports, set up security and delivery scheduling.
- Extract SQL from existing Business Objects reports in order to optimize SQL for performance as needed, Strong proficiency with multi-dimensional data modelling, data warehousing techniques and Structured Query Language (SQL) knowledge in Oracle and SQL Server environments Knowledge in developing complex SQL (Structured Query Language) queries in Oracle 10g and 11g .
- Responsible for creation and maintenance of reporting schemas and documentation of the various BO universes and other reporting models to allow this knowledge to be transferred to other members of the team.
- Work closely with the MI Technical Analyst to facilitate changes to the existing metrics and creation of new metrics to facilitate new reporting specifications.
- Perform test of new business objects releases/patches in order to ensure the new version can be implemented without complication.
- Perform Unit testing and validation of Business object reports and universes · Optimize reports, universe objects, data base objects as and when necessary ·
- Develop complex calculated fields for the business logic, field actions, sets and parameters to include various filtering capabilities for the dashboards, and to provide drill down features for the detailed reports · Support analysts to develop basic reports in Business Objects.
Qualifications, Experience and Mandatory Skills Required:
- Minimum of 7+ years of experience in SAP Business Objects 4.2,Tableau, QlikView, Oracle, Impala, Hive and experience with Big Data environments (Hadoop / HBase) .
- Experience in Agile project methodology in planning, design, development, test, and deployment of new BI solutions.
- Ability to thrive in a team-oriented fast paced environment with multiple deliverables at once with Strong Business analysis, data gathering and report writing skills.
- Knowledge and extensive experience in report/dashboard development using SAP.
- Business Objects and SAP Xcelsius with relational database platform such as Oracle.
- Good knowledge of MS SQL is required to allow interrogation and reconciliation to the main transactional processing system.
- Able to use initiative and suggest alternative approaches.
- Knowledge and exposure to Business Objects WEBI and Universe Design Tool in a Financial or Management Reporting environment.
- Self-starter and motivated team player who delivers the best work every time.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
Please apply with updated CV via email.