Practice Support Consultant
We have a new opportunity at The Dental Directory for a Practice Support Consultant to come and join our fantastic team to work in and around the Central London Area. The role is a full time, permanent position and you will receive a competitive salary plus excellent benefits.
The Dental Directory is a one-stop-shop for all Dental practice needs, from everyday sundries, facial aesthetic products and training, to state-of-the-art surgery equipment including dental units and digital imaging apparatus.
From humble beginnings more than 40 years ago, The Dental Directory has grown to become one of the UK’s largest dental dealers with a product range of more than 27,000 different products that cover every aspect of modern dentistry. The Dental Directory is synonymous with fantastic quality, innovation and great customer service.
As our Practice Support Consultant your role will be to deliver high quality CPD training sessions to the Dental Industry and other Healthcare sectors. You will be required to complete risk assessments in relation to health & safety and offer compliance consultancy support in accordance with regulatory requirements. Promoting our range of services and cross selling products to clients is a further significant part of the role.
Key Responsibilities of our Practice Support Consultant:
- Deliver training sessions to the dental industry and other Healthcare sectors;
- Carry out risk assessments in relation to Health & Safety;
- Carry out compliance consultancy visits and offer compliance support to clients;
- Complete full practice assessments to assess the status of practice compliance;
- Assist practices with CQC and maintaining compliance with other regulatory bodies;
- Represent the company at centralised training sessions and trade shows;
- Promote all services offered by the company and ensure cross selling opportunities are maximised while attending the practice;
- Represent the company brand through specific delivery of training and compliance;
- Rebook training sessions following the completion of the training;
- Work closely with the company’s Business Consultants;
- Keep accurate expense documents and mileage tracking;
- Work with the sales team to achieve diary utilisation targets;
- Business development within your designated area to further increase the number of member practices and practices utilising out services.
Essential Skills we’re looking for in our Practice Support Consultant:
- A thorough in-depth knowledge of healthcare specific compliance;
- Ability to work independently as well as part of a growing team;
- Ability to build strong relationships with a variety of people;
- Computer literate;
- At ease with sales as part of a service;
- Excellent communication and listening skills;
- Able to communicate effectively with persons of different learning abilities;
- Deliver information using a variety of techniques tailored to the specific learner
- Attention to detail.
- Good communication skills.
- Self-starter with ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Full clean Driving Licence
- Candidates with experience of working in the dental and healthcare sector are preferred
but this is not essential;
- Be confident delivering training sessions to large groups independently
In return for becoming our Practice Support Consultant, we will offer you:
- Competitive salary linked to skills and experiences
- Company profit related bonus scheme
- 30 days holiday inclusive of bank holidays
- Family friendly policies
- Career Development in a growing business
If you would like to join our team as our new Practice Support Consultant then please click ‘apply’ today – don’t miss out, we’d love to hear from you!
CLOSING DATE: 28th February 2018 or when a sufficient number of suitable applications have been received
Due to volume of applications expected for this role, if you do not hear from us by 28th February 2018 please assume your application has been unsuccessful on this occasion.