Multi Drop Home Delivery Driver / Full Time / Mon-Fri / Great Rates of Pay / Benefits / Doncaster
Job Title: Multi Drop Home Delivery Driver
Reports to: Depot Supervisor
Hours: Full Time; Variable, Monday-Friday (no weekends!)
Based: Doncaster (DN3 1TR)
Salary: Potential earnings in excess of £21k per annum
Holiday: Starting; 20 days plus 8 bank holidays
This is a fantastic opportunity to work as a Multi Drop Home Delivery Driver, joining an award winning team that takes pride in delivering top quality, organic produce direct to the customer’s door. As a Multi Drop Home Delivery Driver, you’ll have the chance to add value to our existing driving team, all the while ensuring that our customers receive a service which is second to none. We offer training and support to help you develop in your role and there are often opportunities for progression within the company.
- Ensure that customer deliveries take place in an efficient, accurate and timely manner.
- Exceed customer expectations by giving an exemplary and personalised service.
- Ensure you reflect our values and principles, acting as an ambassador of Abel & Cole.
- Drive safely and courteously at all times.
- Maintain a clean, tidy and professional appearance, wearing uniform to an acceptable standard.
- Perform any other duties suitable to position as required.
Skills, experience and requirements
- The ability to start work early in the morning, from 4.30am (there’s no weekend work!).
- Full European category “B” driving license.
- Mature and professional driving skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills relating to colleagues, customers and the public.
- Experience in customer service.
- Experience making multi drop deliveries.
- Basic vehicle maintenance skills at driver level.
- Basic IT skills.
- An interest in Organics and a proactive attitude towards the care of our environment.
- Potential earnings in excess of £21k per annum.
- Full comprehensive training.
- Free organic fruit and veg box every week.
- 35% discount (20% on alcohol).
- Full uniform.
- Contributory pension scheme.
- 28 day’s holiday per year.
- Cycle to work scheme.
- Grants for sport, performing arts, education and non-vocational courses.
- Use of company van for work related travel, including to and from work.
- Personal use of company mobile phone at very competitive rates…
…as well as other company benefits
Abel & Cole has been delivering boxes of food to people’s homes since 1988, which is a pretty long time in the world of food delivery. Now part of the William Jackson Food Group, a sixth generation family business, we are true to our values and look after our people, respect them and appreciate their role in our success. We strive daily to live up to our ambition of being ‘a business to be proud of’.
Everyone who is part of Abel & Cole, from our farmers and makers to our customers via all the people who work here, care about fantastic food that is good for us and the world around us. We’re uplifting, alternative and bold and we love doing good stuff. No air freight, no silly packaging, no chemical nonsense – just great food from people who really love what they do.
We operate across 10 sites in the UK, with our bases in south London and Andover. We employ about 600 friendly, fun, caring and hardworking people and deliver to around 60,000 healthy, happy homes a week.
We’re always learning and seeking out new ways to do better and be better, so join us as we continue to develop and grow.
This is not just a job; this could be the start of a flourishing career and your chance to progress within a company that that takes pride in delivering exceptional, high quality produce to our customers.
If you feel that you have what it takes to be an Abel & Cole driver, please visit our website and send your CV and a short cover letter explaining your interest in the role to us.