Our client is the sole UK agent for the industry leading Schrage Rohrkettensystem GmbH range of conveyors, and have developed their own range of fogging systems, that have a broad range of uses in industry ranging from food packing, biomass handling, through to zoos and leading sculptors.
Based in a rural location, they operate from a converted water mill which was built almost 200 years ago.
Due to their continued success, they now have a fantastic opportunity for an experienced Mechanical Assembler/Fitter to join them.
The Mechanical Assembler/Fitter Role:
As the Mechanical Assembler/Fitter, you will be responsible for the assembly and fault finding of high pressure pump units using threaded parts and inserts. You will also be expected to manage the stock control system for mechanical parts.
The Mechanical Assembler/Fitter will be in control of placing orders with suppliers, documentation, and picking & packing orders for customers.
The role is both office and workshop based. On occasion, there will be the requirement to work on customer’s sites throughout the UK.
Key Responsibilities of the Mechanical Assembler/Fitter:
- Assemble high pressure pumps and associated components for each system
- Use of hand tools, rivet tools and insert tools
- Test systems, troubleshoot and sign off
- Commissioning of equipment
- Pick and select components for assembly and despatch
- Working from engineering drawings and assembly manuals
- Visual inspection of parts
- Basic Stock Control
- Supplier Orders
- Supplier Management
- General housekeeping duties in the workshop
- Compliance with requirements of a Management of Health and Safety system
- Maintain Product Documentation
Skills & Experience Required:
- Mechanically trained, minimum completed apprenticeship, preferred HNC / HND
- At least 5 GCSEs or equivalent; including Maths and English. Good Science qualification desirable. IT skills a must
- Competent with Microsoft Office – Word / Excel / Powerpoint
- CAD Experience
- Electrical skills an advantage
- Desire to learn, with the ability to problem solve
- Full driving licence
In return, the Mechanical Assembler/Fitter can expect;
- Competitive salary - £18,000 - £21,000 Dependent on Experience
- Pension Plan
- Excellent training provided where required
- Fantastic working environment
If you are interested in this Mechanical Assembler/Fitter position, simply submit your CV via the button shown.
PLEASE NOTE: The closing date for applications is Monday 5th March, so apply now and make sure you don’t miss out on this brilliant opportunity.
Keywords: Mechanical Assembler, Mechanical Fitter, Mechanical Engineer, Electrical Engineer, Electronics, CAD, Component, Workshop, Technician, Chester, Liverpool, Cheshire, Merseyside
This vacancy is being advertised by Net-Recruit.