Male Support Worker
Start your day knowing you'll make a difference - join our team of Support Workers in Weymouth and create a positive difference that improves life for the people we support.
We have an exciting opportunity to be part of a dynamic team to support a 19 year old male with complex Learning Disabilities and associated behaviours that challenge, to start his journey in his new home. He is a very sociable young man who enjoys spending time at home on his iPad and also going out for walks along the beach, swimming and meals at the pub. He will need support with all daily living tasks and to overcome any challenges he may encounter in his new home.
We are recruiting a new staff team and looking for full-time, part time male support workers. If you are an active, well-motivated person who enjoys a new challenge then this could be the career for you. We are looking for resilient individuals who have the ability to be spontaneous and can think 'outside the box'.
You will receive extensive training including training in physical intervention to ensure you are equipped in understanding the correct ways to respond, cope and react to difficult situations. , full induction to Dimensions and support with completion of the Care Certificate to enable you to fulfil the role and enhance your personal development.
A full UK/EU driving licence is desirable
Applications will be reviewed upon receipt and interviews arranged upon successful short-listing
"Gender is considered to be a genuine occupational requirement in accordance with paragraph 1 of Schedule 9 of the Equality Act 2010."
The Dimensions Approach to Support
Our unique "Activate" approach puts decision making closer to the people we support. It sets personalised and challenging goals with them, their families and you, their Support Worker - by teaching new skills and enabling people to try new experiences.
Research has proven that this progressive model is the best way to deliver measurable improvements in the quality of life for people - and you and your colleagues in their support teams. It achieves an increase in active support and meaningful activity for people, a reduction in challenging behaviour - and an increase in your own satisfaction, with over 60% of Support Workers reporting that the Activate' model has increased the quality of their working life.
Simply put, our 'Activate' approach offers you a better working life, with the satisfaction that you've changed someone's life for the better, in a role where you can be the best that you can be.
Sharing in our Values
We pride ourselves on being a values based employer. That means we believe passionately in:
Ambition- helping people be the best they can be by:
- Setting personalised and challenging goals.
- Teaching new skills and encouraging new experiences.
Courage - being brave enough to make a difference, by:
- Challenging what you feel is not in the best interest of the person you are supporting.
- Championing what they want to achieve for themselves - and helping to make it happen.
- Helping the people we support to explore new things - and supporting them to realise what they can achieve.
- Giving confidence to people in reaching their goals and not being afraid of new challenges.
- Inspiring innovation and supporting the courage to be creative.
Integrity - being honest and fair in all the things we do, by:
- Communicating clearly - adapting what you say and how you say it, so that it's meaningful for the person you're supporting.
- Exercising confidentiality when dealing with vulnerable adults - for example, when managing financial and personal details.
Partnership - working with other people to make a bigger difference, by:
- Understanding the varying needs and requirements of people with disabilities.
- Developing positive working relationships with those involved in Dimensions - including those we support, their families and carers, your internal colleagues and external agencies.
- Working as part of a team.
Respect - treating everyone fairly and knowing that everyone's voice is important, by:
- Sharing our commitment to Equal Opportunities for all.
- Treating all people with dignity and respect.
Those are the qualities that you'll need to join the team - they're beliefs shared by everyone who works with us.
If you think this is the right role for you, come and make a difference to people's lives, every working day!
A full list of rewards can be found in the job description attached
If being a Support Worker sounds like you, we'd love to hear from you. The attached job description, person specification and additional information will provide you with lots of information on the role and Dimensions. To apply it couldn't be simpler - just click on the button below to complete the application process.
Or If you have any questions and would like to discuss the role in more detail, please call Nichola Ellison-Bone on
- Dimensions are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of the people we support
- An enhanced DBS disclosure will be required for this role, the cost of which will be incurred by Dimensions. The organisation simply wants everyone to be fairly considered, based on merit, before all checks and risk assessments are made, so don't be put off, apply and complete the relevant sections and discuss your personal situation confidentially at interview with the hiring manager. The information disclosed will be treated in confidence.
- Candidates will be required to provide evidence of their identity and eligibility to work in the UK.
- We welcome applications from everyone and value diversity in our workforce
- As users of the disability confident scheme, we guarantee to interview all disabled applicants who meet the minimum criteria for the vacancy - Dimensions has been awarded this symbol by Jobcentre Plus to recognise our commitment towards the employment, retention, training and career development of disabled employees