Warehouse Operative & Depot Fork Lift Operator
Job title: Warehouse Operative & Depot Fork Lift Operator
Reports to: Warehouse Team Leader
Base: Kent Depot
Hours: 35 hours per week
Rate of pay: £8.45 per hour (plus an additional 20p per hour once signed up to ‘Fork Lift Operator’ additional responsibilities) + travel allowance of £8 per day
Summary of Role
This is a hand’s on role. The successful candidate will be working within a busy warehouse environment and will be willing to go the extra mile to achieve expectations.
The successful candidate will also have a positive “I can do attitude” and have a high attention to detail. In addition they will need to be able to help promote team spirit and ensure that the operation runs as smoothly and effectively as possible.
- Deputize for Team Leader in their absence.
- Work within a small team to unload and load intersite trailer and delivery vans
- Collate and sort product sent presorted (bread, chill bags, etc.)
- Take responsibility and promote a good Health and safety culture and working practices in the warehouse.
- Maintain a clean working environment at all the time including cleaning duties.
- Take a general pride in appearance & performance.
- General warehouse duties.
- Comply with any reasonable request which may differ from regular duties.
- Ensure that all security procedures are followed and that depot is secure after shift.
- Highlight any issues surrounding trailer arrival or departures.
- Assist in the monitoring of staff on their attendance and performance.
- Challenge all members of staff that fail to comply with company policies and procedures.
- Clean the warehouse, office and communal areas including toilet and kitchen facilities and to the standards required.
- Prepare and complete morning reports.
The successful candidate will be required to undertake various training courses, such as first aid, fire warden, fork lift etc.
Within this role you will need to be highly enthusiastic and hard-working with an obsessive attention to detail, with a sense of pride and determination that ensures our customers always receives outstanding service.
Experience and Skills:
- Previous warehouse experience essential.
- Counterbalance FLT licence essential.
- Computer literate.
- Strong organizational skills, attention to detail, and ability to prioritize and manage multiple tasks with a high level of accuracy.
- Positive attitude and able to work with others and individually.
- Free selection of organic fruit and veg each week.
- 35% discount on most A&C products.
- Opportunity to participate in the company’s bike and childcare voucher schemes.
- Contributory pension scheme.
- Grants for sport, performing arts, education and non-vocational courses.
- Season ticket loans for public transport.
Note: This job description reflects the present requirements of the post. As duties and responsibilities change and develop the job description will be reviewed and be subject to amendment with the post holder. Abel & Cole promotes equal opportunities for all employees regardless of sex, gender reassignment, marital status, sexual preference, race and nationality, national or ethnic origin, religion or creed, disability, age, responsibility for dependents, political views or trade unions membership. We want our employees to develop their talents to the full for benefit of all. Members of staff are expected to accept personal responsibility for keeping our workplace free from discrimination – a place where everyone is treated respectfully.