HR Manager - Part Time
Job Role: HR Manager
Hours: Part time 3 days (22 hours) per week
Pay: £30,000 to £35,000 pro rata p.a. dependent on experience
To start: March/ April 2018
The HR Dept provides outsourced HR support to a range of businesses throughout the UK.
Our people are exceptional HR professionals, with expert employment law knowledge. They also have to demonstrate a high degree of commercial awareness and an understanding of how HR fits with our client’s commercial needs.
The HR Manager will undertake on site work for one of our clients in Chesterfield.
- TUPE transfer employee transition
- Supporting local managers with workforce planning ensuring the right people are engaged with the right skills at the right time
- Managing recruitment activity for the client including preparing job descriptions, placing adverts, agency management, interviewing and assessment, creating offer letters and employment contracts and onboarding new starters
- Managing the procurement of agency workers to supplement the permanent workforce
- Undertaking background checks, risk and compliance requirements, to ensure staff have the necessary permissions, skills and capabilities to work for the company
- Managing employee relations issues including disciplinaries, capability and grievances ensuring compliance with employment law
- Coordinating appraisals to ensure standards are met and process is completed on time
- Liaison with the outsourced payroll provider to ensure people are paid correctly
- Ensuring all HR records are kept up to date and are accurate, adhering to the requirements of GDPR
- Administering employee benefits and liaising with the external benefits broker
- Undertaking training needs analysis and coordinating training activity and, on occasion, delivering training.
- Other HR projects as required
Knowledge, Education and Experience Required
- Chartered MCIPD Level accreditation, desirable
- Graduate calibre. A graduate or master’s degree in HRM or related subject is desirable
- Strong UK employment law knowledge
- HR experience over various business sectors is desirable.
- Good MS Office skills – Word, PowerPoint and Excel
- TUPE knowledge
Competencies needed for role
Customer (internal and external) Focus
- Commercially aware.
- Develops and sustains productive client relationships.
- Readily adjusts priorities to respond to pressing and changing client demands.
- Develops and maintains strong relationships with the client.
- Presents information well and accurately, both verbally and in writing.
- Demonstrates very effective listening, questioning and interpersonal skills.
Attention to Detail
- Performs tasks with care.
- Checks work to ensure accuracy and completeness.
- Remains aware and takes care of details that are easy to overlook or dismissed as insignificant.
- Prioritises tasks by importance and deadline. Discerns what is crucial from what is urgent.
- Adjusts priorities as situations change.
- Makes reasonable time estimates to ensure goals are achieved or complete projects when necessary.
- Able to self-motivate and self-organise.
- Takes initiative to solve problems and drive work forward.
- Strives to provide a professional approach to all work.