Senior Construction Manager - Structures
The redevelopment of Elephant & Castle offers an exciting opportunity to transform a central area of
London, providing 3,000 new homes over the next ten years.
MP3 is 821 Apartments split between two plots (H4 & H5) separated by a public right of way.
Inspired by the strength of its past, we will re-establish Elephant & Castle as the most exciting new neighbourhood in London not only through what we're building, but also how we're doing it. Our approach to urban regeneration in Elephant & Castle is already setting new standards in sustainability, that will not only will make the Elephant a great place to live, but will play a vital role in tackling issues such as air pollution and carbon emissions, creating a positive impact beyond just the Elephant.
Job purpose and scope:
A Senior Construction Manager is required to lead the team on the Elephant & Castle urban regeneration scheme.
He / she will take responsibility for activities in the field relating to construction and it's on site facilitation.
The Manager is to help programme and drive the delivery of structures and external elements, this will involve the RC frame, facade, roof and public realm.
You will have indirect line management responsibilities to a number of construction managers & package managers
- Direct the construction team to ensure that all supply chain contractors are coordinated and working to the construction programme and detail
- They will be responsible for sending out snagging reports to the trades
- Monitor the progress of construction works to ensure that overall completion dates are met
- Develop and implement a clear plan of action to achieve the above
- Constantly review the build quality achieved ensuring that the client's requirements in this regard are fully met
- Contribute to pre-planning and development of project safety strategy
- Review package tender documentation with commercial managers and over-see the procurement process.
- Coordinate the involvement of all statutory authorities with pre planning work
- Prime responsibility for the safety of all site operations
- Prepare tender & pre-construction method statements
- Monitor health & safety documentation and complete safety inspections
- Ensure all contractors are implementing method statements and operating safely
- Direct the construction team to ensure that all supply chain contractors are coordinated and working to the construction programme and detail.
- Technical construction/engineering skills
- Experience of leading/managing a team of construction managers/site managers.
- Organisational skills
- Extensive knowledge of operational safety systems
- Understanding of financial and commercial systems
- Knowledge of contractual relationships and contract law
- Delegation communication and direction skills
- Experience in a project or site engineering role
- Experience of managing field construction activities on major/ complex projects minimum build value GBP100m
- Understanding of site management principles
- Written and verbal communication to influence and build relationships
- Ability to influence and lead teams
- Experience in high rise (15 storey - residential projects)
- Experience in residential logistics planning and implementations - multi phase
- SMSTS - 5 days
We aspire to create a diverse workforce by recruiting suitably qualified candidates from a range of backgrounds regardless of age, sexual orientation, ethnic or national origin or colour, sex, trans- gender status, religion or belief, pregnancy and maternity, marital or civil partnership, or any other group who face disadvantage in our society.
As part of our ongoing commitment to diversity we have invested in the external verification for equality, diversity and inclusion and have achieved the Equality Assured Standard accreditation.
We build careers, develop skills and invest in people.
Imagine what more you can do here.