Supply Planning Manager
Supply Planning Manager
Reports To: Operations Director
Contract: Minimum 6-month fixed term contract
This role is responsible for leading the stock purchasing into the warehouses, maximising product availability to the company Members whilst maintaining stock cover at the lowest economic level.
The role is to constantly collaborate closely with the Buying teams and Retail teams to understand the sensitivities of a wholesale pull model in a highly promotional driven environment to ensure the validity of forecasts and buying programmes constantly remain intact.
The Supply Planning Manager leads a small highly specialised team, and their training, development, retention and multi-skilling is essential to the ongoing capability and stability of product availability to the company Business.
The role holder is to manage both the day-to-day operational requirements but also to provide strategic vision and direction to best practice and innovation within Demand and Supply Planning.
Key Result Areas:
* Compliance with GSCOP and adherence to formalised sales and order processing procedures and documentation
* Delivery of Business product availability targets as defined by product category
* Delivery of Business stockholding targets as defined by product category
* Development, review and publication of fourteen-day forecasts to all key suppliers. Signed off by Buying and Retail teams
* Optimisation of the Slim4 forecasting system to ensure that best practice is being applied consistently within the supply planning function
* Be a key influencer in product range reviews, ensuring parameters such as minimum order quantities, sourcing, seasonality and lead time are fully accounted for in future ranging decisions
* Act as a gatekeeper with conscience to ensure that Buying decisions (European sourcing, end of year purchases, volume retro purchases etc) always have integrity and are in the best interests of the overall company Business
1) Responsible for establishing demand and forecasting process to connect and align all areas of the company Business using adequate tools and with collaboration, at SKU level.
2) To highlight any threats, planning issues or bottlenecks and propose/initiate immediate actions to resolve
3) Monitor logistics supply flows to the warehouse; ensuring operational efficiency is maintained within the warehouses by balancing workflow within agreed capacity parameters.
4) Develop strong relationships with supplier supply chain counterparts, including regular performance reviews and improvement programmes to ensure consistent improvement in performance to the company. Take responsibility for all supplier inbound failures and proactively resolve with the support of Buying colleagues as required
5) Ensure that roles that he/she is responsible for are performed by individuals with the appropriate knowledge, skills and expertise and that competence is maintained and assessed.
6) Use the training and competence scheme to maintain the appropriate knowledge, skills and expertise to carry out the role competently.
7) Constantly review retailer demand profiles on a daily/weekly basis ensuring the appropriate action is taken on identified variances.
8) Ensure the timeliness and accuracy in promotion plan development, upload, execution and monitoring to harmonise physical delivery with commercial objectives and Retailer sentiment
* 30% - implement and manage the execution of the Sales and order process, coordinating and aligning common efforts between departments (working capital, cost efficiency and customer service).
* 30% - own the forecast model inclusive of commercial/market events. Drive accepted accuracy via constant forecast evaluation v budget v actual sales and ensuring any needed adjustments are actioned and assumptions challenged. Work collaboratively with the Buying, Finance and Retail teams.
* 10% - Assure the execution of forecasting across the stock control team through standardised KPI's measuring availability, stock cover, forecast accuracy, residuals, GSCOP compliance etc
* 10% - Align sales needs (new products, new customers) to operational execution information, connecting involved departments. Keep watching abnormal demand and adjusting as appropriate
* 10% - drive continuous improvement projects to connect sales and operational planning to financial planning
* 10% - Assure team development and process standardisation and consistency across the stock control team
* Key Tasks
* Adhering to GSCOP processes and promoting best practice
* Establish high networking and communication with Buying teams, suppliers, Finance, Logistics and the company retailers
* Regular and ongoing monitoring and review of key availability risks ensuring the appropriate action is taken on a daily basis
* Communication and escalation of poor supplier performance if immediate resolution is not possible
* Effective application of any cash constraints to ensure any impact on product availability is minimised
* Delivery of supplier forecasts with continued improvement in forecast accuracy
* Continuously enhancing the sales forecasting processes and systems
* Continual development and resilience of the stock control team with enhanced succession and cover back-up capability
In order to apply for this role, please click 'Apply' to continue your application. Please ensure you include details of your current remuneration package.