Front Line Advisor
Front Line Advisor
Salary: £17,500 (trainee), £22,500 (fully qualified) Pro Rata for Part Time
Contract Type: Permanent, Part Time (24hrs)
We will appoint the first suitable candidate
The organization is a registered charity that has been providing care, support and advice for over 30 years to vulnerable people across Hampshire and Dorset, giving them the tools and resources they need to live independent, secure and valued lives.
Advice Portsmouth is an award winning, independent, free advice service which assists over 14,000 people walking through the doors every year. The service is all about giving the right advice and appropriate support to help local people solve their problems.
Front Line Advisors have a good all round legal knowledge, together with specialist knowledge of debt, housing, welfare benefits or employment law. They really listen to their clients and recognise their strengths and skills in being able to solve their own problems. Front Line Advisors are positive, can do, flexible in approach and reflective in their practice. They are only interested in excellence where excellence is what matters to the client.
Do you have a sound working knowledge and experience of supporting people with debt, welfare benefit or housing issues? Would you like to train to become a Frontline Advisor through a legal apprenticeship? We are looking for someone who has:
* Knowledge and understanding of legislation in Debt, Welfare Benefits, Housing, Employment and Immigration
* An understanding of the impact of poverty and exclusion on individuals and communities
* An understanding of the key issues facing the people of Portsmouth
* A background in the provision of general or specialist legal advice
* Excellent active listening skills, and can communicate clearly and effectively, both verbally and in writing
* Excellent team working skills, be professional, trustworthy, creative and open minded, and able to work under pressure and meet deadlines.
* The ability to work flexibly to meet the needs of the clients, including evenings, weekends (when required) and in various locations across Portsmouth.
The organization has a strong value base, striving to be person-centred, innovative, trustworthy, can-do and excellent at all times, so it is important that you are as passionate about these principles as we are.
If you choose to begin a career with our organisation, you are guaranteed:
* Competitive rates of pay and paid travel time.
* Enhanced annual leave entitlements, sick pay allowances and pension scheme contributions.
* Excellent and professionally certified training.
* Real opportunities to develop in your profession.
* Free health and wellbeing advice via a 24/7, confidential Employee Assistance Programme.
*Everything you need to carry out your role free of charge, which may include a mobile phone, safety equipment and other necessary technology, a uniform where applicable, and of course a nice cup of tea or coffee throughout your day!
* A company that is committed to its employees, valuing their knowledge, creativity and flexibility.
* The chance to work with amazing people.
What happens next?
If this sounds good to you and you have the right knowledge, skills and preferably a legal qualification then please apply to come and join our team. Click 'Apply' to forward your details on to us; ensuring that you include your name, email address, a contact telephone number, and your CV which sets out your interest and suitability for the role either in the opening profile section or in an accompanying Cover Letter. If your skills, experience and knowledge meet our requirements the recruiting manager will contact you to talk more about the role and ask a few key questions to ensure this is the right opportunity for you.
Alternatively please call Annette on 02392 794346 directly to discuss the role further. Annette will ask you a few key questions to assess your suitability for this role.
Assessments will be held on 8 March 2018 and interviews will take place during the afternoon, so please ensure you are available on this date if you would like to attend.