Service Manager - Learning Disabilities
* * * * * SERVICE MANAGER - LEARNING DISABILITIES * * * * *
LOCATION : NEWCASTLE UPON TYNE
SALARY : £22,000 - £26,000
EXCITING RANGE OF BENEFITS INCLUDE: CONTRIBUTORY PENSION PLAN, SICK PAY, ACCREDITED TRAINING AND DEVELOPMENT, COMPANY INCENTIVES AND MORE!!
Do you have experience in a Management role within the Learning Disability sector supporting Adults and Children?
Are you looking to take the next step in your career?
If the answer is YES then look no further - this FANTASTIC opportunity could be for you!
BS Social Care are a national organisation that specialise in the recruitment of Health and Social Care professionals. We are currently assisting a leading Charity with their recruitment of an experienced Service Manager.
You will provide multi site management support for two of our client's services in the Newcastle area and the main responsibilities will be the management of a team of staff and service users to ensure the delivery of high quality care and support in line with our client's vision, mission and core values, and in accordance with regulatory requirements.
A number of other duties will include:
- To work with the Management Team to ensure that there are a full range of activities and that staffing levels are adequate to support service users accessing them.
- To take responsibility for the reporting and investigation of accidents, incidents, behavioural incidents, RIDDOR, outbreaks, safeguarding concerns and reporting them to the Services Manager.
- To establish good working relationship with disabled adults, their families, carers and advocates.
- To supervise and appraise staff ensuring that they carry out their duties in a professional manner, ensuring all staff have a personal development programme that is reviewed regularly.
- To facilitate recruitment of staff, volunteers and students.
- Ensuring policies are carried out at all times, e. fire drills, Health and Safety, medication etc. Raise awareness of policies with all staff.
To be successful in this role you must meet the following criteria:
- NVQ level 4 or above in Health and Social Care or equivalent
- Minimum 3 years experience working at Senior level with adults and children with learning/physical disabilities and complex needs
- Driver with own transport is essential
The company recognise the vital role their Manager's play and are therefore committed to providing a bespoke training and development plan, pension scheme, and free parking!
To apply for this role do not delay as immediate interviews are available! For more information please send your CV , or you can call Angela on 0191 2617570 for an informal chat.
Apply for Service Manager - Learning Disabilities
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly