Marketing and Communications Executive
Job Title: Communications Executive
Job Type: Full Time, Permanent
A high profile trade association in a topical and newsworthy industry is looking for an energetic and articulate Communications Executive with good literacy skills, a positive & resilient attitude, with the ability to thrive in a busy working environment.
- Media Communications
- Campaign Planning
- Public Relations
- Events Co-ordination
Breakdown of the key tasks:
- Assist with the development of the Association's communications strategy to reflect corporate goals and section objectives.
- Maximise the use of all communications channels to ensure that the BSIA's messages are conveyed in a way that is fresh, relevant and engaging.
- Write press releases and feature articles to meet strict deadlines, managing the allocation of work to freelance writers when necessary.
- Respond to media enquiries in timely manner, and conduct subsequent follow- up with journalists.
- Coordinate a 'cuttings library' of BSIA media coverage.
- Act as 'brand champion' and providing advice to colleagues to ensure the corporate brand guidelines are followed.
- Assist with any other activities needed for the effective running of the department.
- Form and maintain positive working relationships with Members.
- Provide a single point of PR contact to the sections of membership and preparing PR reports.
- Coordinate PR support for major member initiatives, including planning and executing PR campaigns, liaising with the leadership team and managing its online presence.
- Produce corporate publications and literature from concept to print including quarterly magazine and newsletter.
- Provide ad-hoc support to other departments as and when required.
- Ensure regular contact - in writing and in person - with key journalists from national media and security trade press, vertical and end-user market trade press.
- Coordinate media networking events to build and maintain relationships with journalists
- Create and distribute press releases and develop features.
- Compile and maintain online media databases / mailing lists (in line with new GDPR guidelines).
- Website management, including copywriting for web, updating website content using CMS and ensuring the website's SEO is maximised through natural search.
- Use Google Analytics and AdWords to monitor and maximise website visitor numbers.
- Produce monthly online newsletters including ongoing evaluation of key performance indicators.
- Produce and implement email marketing campaigns, including the evaluation and reporting of campaign success.
- Management of Association's social media presence, including Twitter, LinkedIn and YouTube
- Creation and project management of PR and Communications campaigns including the definition of objectives and performance targets, and agency management where appropriate.
- Venue research, negotiation and liaison
- Liaison with key stakeholders including speakers, exhibitors, sponsors and partners
- Coordinate PR coverage for BSIA awards
- Speech writing and presentations for industry events and ceremonies
- Provide support at other events on behalf of the BSIA, e. exhibitions
- Ensure all events paperwork is completed in accordance with the BSIA quality management system
- Management of budget
- Conduct membership research, including the creation and analysis of online surveys.
- Support other teams on research projects as and when required
Please click the APPLY button to send your CV and Cover Letter for this role.
Candidates with the experience or relevant job titles of; Marketing Assistant, Trainee Brand Manager, Marketing Executive, B2B Marketing, Assistant Brand Manager, Social Media Executive, Marketing Analyst, B2C Marketing, Marketing Specialist, Junior Brand Manager, Digital Marketing Executive, Marketing Co-ordinator, Marketing Manager will also be considered for this role.