Residential Property Block Manager
A fantastic opportunity has arisen for a Residential Property Manager to join a long-established 35-person property management company. Based in Hendon, London, the successful Property Manager will earn a salary upwards of £40,000 per annum (maximum salary variable aae).
There are also opportunities available for Management Assistants to join the company, who will earn a salary upwards of £21,000 per annum. The Management Assistants will support the Property Manager in overseeing the department. Please apply for further information and state on your CV that you are interested in the Assistant role.
The company looks after a large property portfolio, predominantly across London, and have been specialising in the management of quality blocks for over 40 years. Their clients receive traditional and “old-fashioned’ levels of service, in vast contrast to those offered by the high street conglomerates. They are fiercely proud of their independence as a private company and the professionalism and competence this affords them, providing a very stable future and sustainable career. As a Property Manager you will be central to the service the company provides to their clients. You will ensure that the properties, clients, leaseholders, staff and contractors are provided with the highest level of care and attention. Additional key duties of the Property Manager will include, but not be limited to:
- Managing a large (but manageable) residential portfolio
- Assuming responsibility for the Health and Safety and compliance issues including risk assessments
- Managing site staff
- Assuming responsibility for blocks
- Preparing and managing service charges budgets, credit control and handling Section 20 procedures for qualifying works
- Communicating with lessees and clients on a regular basis, responding to tenants’ calls and emails rapidly and proactively until any issues are resolved
- Visiting site regularly and chairing residents and board meetings (including AGMs)
- Assisting on LVT and other legal issues
- Occasional evening appointments
To be considered for the role of Property Manager you must be able to inspire confidence in clients that their portfolio is in the most competent hands. In addition, the following key skills and experience is essential:
- Knowledge and experience of estate management
- Experience in site visits and client level care
- Experience in competitive cost tendering, planning of major works and reserves and realistic budgeting
- Experience in compliance and safety, lease enforcement and fulfilment of legal and statutory obligations
- A knowledge of the TRAMPS management system would be beneficial
- Ideally familiar with ARMA and Lease and proficient with RICS code
- Candidates with an IRPM qualification will receive special consideration
- Full UK driving licence
If you wish to apply for the role of Property Manager (or Management Assistant) based in Hendon, London, please apply by submitting a copy of your CV with an accompanying covering letter detailing how your relevant skills and experience make you an ideal candidate.
Agencies need not apply