Vitality, Solutions Architect, Stockport, £Competitive + Bonus + Benefits
Vitality is an award winning, dynamic and vibrant financial services provider, with a ground-breaking vision for the future, where individuals are enabled to succeed and are rewarded and recognised for their contribution to our business.
In exchange for your hard work and commitment to Vitality in this Solutions Architect role, we have designed a generous benefits package to reward our employees, this includes;
- A bi-annual bonus scheme
- 25 days holiday plus bank holidays
- Vitality Private Medical Insurance
- Stakeholder Pension Plan with employer contribution
- Vitality Partners and Rewards
- Access to great onsite facilities
- Stockport central location – 10 min walk from bus station and train station plus, free local parking
- 2 weeks classroom based training, ongoing development and fantastic career prospect
As our Solutions Architect, you will be responsible for ensuring that changes to VitalityHealth applications are designed and delivered in accordance with IT Delivery policies and standards.
Responsibilities as our Solutions Architect include:
- Working closely with Business Analysts and Business Architects, designing solutions that cross technical, product and application boundaries, ensuring that changes are designed, developed and delivered into service in compliance with policies and standards
- Is the point of contact for resolving any architectural/integration issues with Vitality Health systems
- Acts as an SME for technical changes in order to provide estimates for new projects or product enhancements
- Owns, creates and maintains system-level Solution Design documentation and seeks relevant sign off
- Contributes to developing, maintaining and publishing of principles, standards, guidelines and processes at CADS (Committee, Application Development Standards)
- Contributes to Design standards and Patterns and forms part of the governing body of TASCO
- Supports Projects and Product Enhancements throughout the development and delivery lifecycle
- Assists in Incident/Problem management, Root Cause Analysis and definition of solutions
- Works closely with the development team(s) – encouraging continuous improvement in the development, build, test and maintenance of the system DocuSign Envelope ID: F33C709E-0DA9-4DE5-9C20-71395E7D565D
To become our Solutions Architect, you will have the below skills and experience:
- Demonstrable experience working as a Solution Architect using a range of different technologies (ideally including - Java/JEE(JBoss), .NET, Integration platforms, Microservices and including both web, mobile and back office delivered both to cloud and internal datacentre
- Demonstrable expertise in the use of appropriate tools/technologies for the design, development, build, testing & deployment of a wide range of applications
- Confident communicator - able to present complex technical issues in a clear manner to technical and non-technical audiences
- Experience of Agile Methodology
- Multi-task and prioritise across a number of projects and initiatives.
- Work independently and collaborate effectively across the organization.
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced, rapidly-changing environment – unfazed by late-breaking changes to scope and/or priorities
- Self-motivated, goal-oriented individual with the ability to take ownership of the task assigned
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Financial Services experience is desirable but not essential
- Experience of transitioning or hybrid architecture frameworks
- Experience in both Waterfall and Agile Delivery models and working within the teams
Working for Vitality as a Solutions Architect you'll experience an exciting mix of creativity and innovation, within a framework of challenging objectives and a passion for delivering the best.
Our people are chosen for their skills, knowledge, enthusiasm and attitude but above all, their belief that anything can be achieved.
Closing Date: Wednesday 07 March 2018
If you feel you have the skills and experience to become our Solutions Architect please click ‘apply’ today.