Sales Manager – Homebased
England & Wales
About the Sales Manager role:
As Sales Manager you will be expected to manage the Product Sales Operation in an agreed geographical territory ensuring that set budgets and objectives are achieved. Ensure that ALL key accounts for the region are identified and properly managed by the appropriate personnel. Manage the proactive development of the region in order to achieve profitable growth for new products and to new markets.
Dimensions of the Sales Manager role: (Accountability for money and staff)
- To assist the Associate Director – Products to achieve the financial targets set for the identified territory within the annual budget for the Business Unit.
- Direct Management of 4 staff: 1 Territory and Special Products Manager & 3 Sales Engineers
Principal Accountabilities of the Sales Manager:
- To manage closely the external sales operation for the identified territory to ensure that budgeted targets and objectives are achieved.
- Ensure that close relationships are established with Key Accounts in order to effectively manage their requirements; maximise profitability as well as identifying opportunities to increase business levels.
- Assure the company’s range of products is fully promoted throughout the identified territory.
- Identify and pursue growth opportunities throughout the identified territory especially for proprietary and new products.
- Prepare annual budgets for discussion and agreement with the Associate Director.
- Develop and implement a business plan for the identified territory which is to be agreed and annually reviewed with the Associate Director.
- Produce a monthly report detailing the up to date performance of the identified territory.
- Maintain close relationships with all departments within the Products Workstream as well as any others which may be appropriate (e.g. technical).
- Confirm full participation and support in completing tenders for the supply of products in the identified territory.
- Guarantee all product ‘Quality’ issues for the identified territory are thoroughly investigated and any reports properly signed off.
- Provide ongoing market intelligence/information to the Associate Director.
- Gain knowledge and understanding of competitors products as well as monitoring their commercial strategy.
- Liaise with the Associate Director and other departments to ensure we provide a safe economical and profitable operation.
- Submit monthly exposure hours and absences reports as instructed.
- Aim for zero LTI’s.
- Record and report all safety incidents.
Relevant experience and training required:
- Knowledge of product range, properties used application and safe handling.
- Customer contacts in Highway Maintenance and Civil Engineering market sectors.
- Ability to statistically record and monitor sales team activity levels and provide detailed analysis of their performance.
Skills required for the role:
- Excellent customer service.
- Capable of managing and motivating staff to achieve set budgets and objectives.
- Good communication and liaison skills.
- Proficient in grasping the technical aspects of the materials and learning the practical aspect of the product range.
- Commercially aware in order to maximise the gains from the business opportunities identified within the identified territory.
- Skilful in analysing the performance of the territory, identifying areas for concern and implementing a strategy for recovery.
- IT literate – Microsoft Packages and experience in using databases.
- Good understanding of marketing to enable proactive support to be provided.
If you would like to be considered for the Sales Manager role, please click ‘APPLY’ below