1st Line IT Support Engineer / IT Helpdesk Support
Job Title: 1st Line IT Support Engineer
Job Type: Full Time
Want to join a fun, dynamic and innovative IT team? The company currently have a great opportunity for a 1st Line IT Support Engineer to join their IT team in London.
Working within the IT department, you will be the first point of contact for the London office and will be responsible for providing technical and hardware support for operating systems including desktops, laptops, printers, photocopiers and phone systems.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Providing expertise to the business in network and system support through diagnosis of system faults and their resolution
- Providing desktop support to users
- Maintaining and handling of PC software/hardware
- Maintaining an adequate level of knowledge of operating systems and application software being used to provide high levels of support to users
- Being responsible for the configuration and installation/deployment of workstations
- Tracking all IT inventory and hardware (including desktops and laptops)
- Assisting in troubleshooting for printers, photocopiers and phone systems
- Participating in team meetings, providing input and suggestions
- Managing competing priorities and own work load, such as scheduled weekly tasks and responding proactively to IT tickets
- Assisting in research and gathering of information on equipment, software and supplies as needed
- Preparing audio-visual equipment to go onsite where appropriate
- Management of hardware servicing and repairs
- Moving equipment and furniture will be required
- Any other duties as required in order to undertake your role effectively.
To be successful in this position you will have a strong understanding of IT networking terminology and extensive knowledge of MS Windows, MS Office and general PC hardware, ideally combined with some work experience within an IT department. It would be desirable if you had an interest in, or knowledge of, Apple Macintosh operating system and knowledge of digital phone systems.
The company is a leading independent healthcare communications group with 650+ employees around the globe. They include the medical communications agencies MediTech Mediaᵀᴹ, Health Interactions, Articulate Science, Cognito Medical, Medical Expressions and SciMentum, in addition to International Medical Press, a provider of independent and continuing medical education programmes.
They are proud of their independence, which has enabled us to develop and innovate continuously and create a working environment that is stimulating, fun and employee-oriented.
In addition to a competitive salary and benefits package, we are passionate about people and provide an engaging, friendly and informal working environment where their staff continue to flourish. They also offer excellent opportunities for career and personal development, including opportunities to transfer your skills to their other offices around the world. If you're passionate about medical communications and meet the criteria above, they would love to hear from you
Candidates with the experience or relevant job titles of: 1st Line IT Support Engineer, SQL, IT Technician, IT Support Engineer, IT Service Engineer, IT Service Desk Technician, IT Services Manager, 1st Line Helpdesk Engineer, IT Support Technician, 1st Line Support Engineer, Support Technician, IT Support Engineer, 1st Line Support Technician, Technical Support, IT Support, IT Systems Engineer, IT Systems Support, Citrix, Cloud Technician, 1st Line Support may also be considered for this role.