Senior Digital Reporter
Gloucestershire Live, a highly successful news, sport and what's on website, is seeking to recruit a talented digital senior reporter who is brimming with ideas to join our team.
This is an exciting opportunity to work in a Trinity Mirror newsroom full of talented, self-driven journalists. You will be able to deliver compelling content that engages with our audience across a wide range of online platforms.
We are looking for someone with not only first class digital and social media skills but also a good communicator who can get into the heart of our communities bringing in exclusive stories and investigations which matter to our readers.
About the Company
Trinity Mirror PLC is one of the UK's largest multimedia publishers, with an award winning portfolio of five national and 130 regional titles and over 500 digital products.
At Trinity Mirror Regional's, we are digital first and audience-focused. Our journalists and titles consistently win awards for agenda-setting news and innovative storytelling, allowing readers to explore information via bespoke digital tools or live blogging and video to cover breaking news and sport. We are experts at using social media and pride ourselves on the digital training and development available to our journalists.
- Telling stories through pictures, video, audio, live blogs and other interactive digital storytelling tools, using innovative techniques that grow audiences and engagement
- Taking a 'right first-time' approach to all content and have a pedantic attitude to accuracy
- Identifying breaking news by utilising social media as a way to quickly establish further factual information that will support stories
- Using a range of digital formats that will enhance coverage and increase brand visibility
- Providing live coverage of news and events for live blogs and breaking news as required
- Writing content responsively, driven by analytics to deliver on audience trends
- Taking responsibility for a content theme such as a geographic area, campaign or other area of interest, as directed
- Effectively build strong contacts for story-gathering in local communities
- You'll possess a NCTJ-accredited Journalism qualification
- 1-2 years experience working on a newspaper
- Understanding of digital publishing including SEO
- Solid understanding of social media and comfortable using social publishing tools
- Up-to-date legal and IPSO code knowledge
- Full driving licence
In addition to competitive salaries and a contributory pension scheme, Trinity Mirror Group plc offer a whole host of voluntary flexible benefits. These include a car scheme, holiday purchase, childcare vouchers, cycle scheme, staff discounts, season tickets & parking loans and an employee assistance programme.
We are committed to equal opportunity for all. We may collect relevant data for monitoring as part of our candidate registration process. We will be reviewing applications as they are received so please don't delay in submitting your application.